PDA

View Full Version : Project car Money pit

hc coupe
21-01-10, 01:10 PM
Last year Sky Insurance quoted me £1041 for one years insurance on my car.

clicky 21/01/09 (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112718)

At the time I decide this was far too much to front and would wait until I was another year older (Sky did offer me the cheapest insurance I could get at the time)

One year gone and I get another quote, Only thing different this time is my age and the polycarb windows (plus it now being in a garage at my house rather than a council garage) and they wanted £1341 ?

DA FUK .

My nova will be for sale in the coming weeks when I can MOT it. What a joke......Still haven't even driven this car yet, makes me sick.

skyinsurance
21-01-10, 01:17 PM
Doesn't sound right unless there is a change of circumstances, I will PM you now.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Zildjian
21-01-10, 01:20 PM
I've just discovered Sky Insurance and have gone with them. They were the cheapest and offered the best package for my car.

Not all insurers can be the cheapest on EVERYTHING.

Adrian Flux were the cheapest anywhere on my Audi S4 but admitted they couldn't get near Sky on this car.

It's sooooo subjective.

skyinsurance
21-01-10, 03:53 PM
Ok, we are no longer dealing with the company we quoted you with last year and the rate we have got for you this year was the best we can get. Our underwriter was also put off by the suspiciously low target rate of £690 from one of our competitors, once they hear such a low target rate, they will stick to a screen rate and will not offer any discounts.

skyinsurance
21-01-10, 03:54 PM
I've just discovered Sky Insurance and have gone with them. They were the cheapest and offered the best package for my car.

Not all insurers can be the cheapest on EVERYTHING.

Adrian Flux were the cheapest anywhere on my Audi S4 but admitted they couldn't get near Sky on this car.

It's sooooo subjective.

Yes, you are 100% right.. A lot of people think that one company can be all things for all men when in fact they cannot.

hc coupe
21-01-10, 05:36 PM
For sale (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138740)

let_nova
21-01-10, 05:39 PM
shame you have to sell. seems insurance is on the up. ive just had ANOTHER claim free year and it still went up. im 23 and insuring a corsa derv as my second car and it still went up ffs.

Benn
21-01-10, 06:43 PM
If you dont build up No claims bonuses then your few wont go down...

MattBrown
22-01-10, 07:46 AM
So he is selling it, because of the £300 more a year insurance?

:(:(

Royston
22-01-10, 08:09 AM
Ok, we are no longer dealing with the company we quoted you with last year and the rate we have got for you this year was the best we can get. Our underwriter was also put off by the suspiciously low target rate of £690 from one of our competitors, once they hear such a low target rate, they will stick to a screen rate and will not offer any discounts.

Hi Ollie,
What is "target rate" & therefore "suspicious target rate" not heard those terms before, .....no I don't work in Car insurancelol

hc coupe
22-01-10, 09:24 AM
There is more than one reason that I'm going to sell this car.

I think the insurance was" the straw that broke the camels back" (I’ve always wanted to say that but never had the opportunity ;)) .

I think the quote I got from Sky was probably a good ball park figure.
Adrian Flux sent me a miles better quote, but last time they insured me they only went and jacked the price up a few weeks later so I was sceptical of them.

I've always had a company car since 17 so I've never built up much NCB, which also puts me in a difficult place to get a good quote.

Can only blame myself for not looking into this as much as I should have.

Tom

sport
22-01-10, 10:09 AM
Hi Ollie,
What is "target rate" & therefore "suspicious target rate" not heard those terms before, .....no I don't work in Car insurancelol

Would say target rate is the chap saying already had a quote at £x
Suspicious target rate would £x being a lot cheaper than sky quote.

skyinsurance
22-01-10, 10:20 AM
Would say target rate is the chap saying already had a quote at £x
Suspicious target rate would £x being a lot cheaper than sky quote.

In a nutshell yes.

We know our rates are good.. when another company apparently quote nearly half what we are then it makes us think that either the customer is giving us the wrong rate or has made it up or the other insurer have got their rate wrong. Either way, if we hear a suspiciously low target rate then it puts us off quoting our best rate.

hc coupe
22-01-10, 12:23 PM
Seem's a little silly to not quote your best price because I've told you lower ? Or is that just me...

In fact the rate (almost 30% !! ) at which Sky raised the insurance on last year's quote is the same as which it fell by on my best quote...

I was however still very suspicious ; as were you, on this quote and I decide to contact you (Sky Insurance).

I'm not trying ; nor would I , bad mouth Sky Insurance .After you were able to explain the reason's behind the increase of the annual premium it obliviously became clear where that figure had come from.

I wasn't trying to compare you to another insurance company. Hence why I never put the company who quoted me lower and their price on a public forum until you published the price I had told you I'd received ( which I put in a PM).

I clearly went about this the wrong way. I should have sent you a private message regarding the quote I had received for you guy's before making a thread.

At the time I was a little disheartened by the quote I had received as it didn't appear to be reasonable at first.

Especially after calling back several time's, replying to messages left over the weekend and attempting to send an e-mail off to your member of staff containing the quote from Flux.

I apologies for any offence that I have caused, I didn't mean any harm by it.

I realise an e-mail to you would have bee much more appropriate and would have been suffice.

Apologies

Thomas.