PDA

View Full Version : v6

General Baxter
20-01-10, 11:16 PM
First of all,

SLOTH **** OFF lol

iv just spent the last hour searching the forums and come up blank

what the hell do i do about the rear manifold?

SR Kyle
20-01-10, 11:24 PM
when i done mine i cut the flange of the manifold and the down pipe turned them 90degrees i think. was that long ago tho lol hope this helps

brake-dust
22-01-10, 05:43 PM
any more info on this? thinking of a conversion myself

Jack
22-01-10, 05:45 PM
Batter it with a hammer

Or take it to an exhaust shop lol

Dunno how mine fits, think it was just bodged somehow. CBA to crawl round the engine to take a pic :p

General Baxter
22-01-10, 05:46 PM
Batter it with a hammer

Dunno how mine fits, think it was just bodged somehow. CBA to crawl round the engine to take a pic :p

ill pay you

brake-dust
22-01-10, 05:49 PM
Batter it with a hammer

rj... fit a v8 and sell me your v6 :thumb:

General Baxter
22-01-10, 05:50 PM
do you really want that gay humping lump in your car lol

Jack
22-01-10, 05:51 PM
^ you do :p

rj... fit a v8 and sell me your v6 :thumb:
Lee was musing putting a V8 in it not long ago lol

brake-dust
22-01-10, 05:55 PM
ive mocked up a rover 3.5 and its a peice of piss to fit but cant find a fwd gear box

brake-dust
22-01-10, 05:56 PM
do you really want that gay humping lump in your car lol

recon there's room for a blower aswell? lol

Lee
22-01-10, 07:28 PM
ive mocked up a rover 3.5 and its a peice of piss to fit but cant find a fwd gear box

Is it actually narrow enough? I would expect there to be uber fouling issues, and tbh, it wouyld be less than useless in FWD.

I was going to mate it to an MX5 rear sub frame. Still might lol

brake-dust
22-01-10, 08:44 PM
is there any way of telling what bell housings mate to others? (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manchester/Where-do-all-my-socks-go/420111645112?ref=nf)

mowgli
22-01-10, 08:47 PM
1. the rover v8 is a 3.5 litre 1950's design with maybe 175hp. it would fill a nova engine bay & simply isn't worth the effort........

2. why hasn't anyone tried to fit an omega v6 & box the proper way round....

3. the carlton type rear end would fit with a bit of narrowing, or maybe a 7 kit car type of irs might work.

Plug
22-01-10, 08:52 PM
v8 FWD are you mad whats the point in that?

vx kev
22-01-10, 08:58 PM
what the hell do i do about the rear manifold?

Everyone may do it differently but when we done ours we cut the flange off, angled the fresh cut edge of the manifold slightly by approx 30 degrees, welded the flange back on so that it was angled away from bulkhead. Then cut, shaped and rewelded the downpipe accordingly to go round the steering rack. Bodged, Job done :thumb:

brake-dust
22-01-10, 09:15 PM
only atttraction to a v8 to me is the fact it hasnt been done yet

General Baxter
22-01-10, 09:21 PM
Everyone may do it differently but when we done ours we cut the flange off, angled the fresh cut edge of the manifold slightly by approx 30 degrees, welded the flange back on so that it was angled away from bulkhead. Then cut, shaped and rewelded the downpipe accordingly to go round the steering rack. Bodged, Job done :thumb:

at last an answer, please lock this, as its going to turn into a v8 thread :thumb:

mowgli
22-01-10, 10:41 PM

i'm sure nobody has skydived bare4rsed onto a church spire either........

brake-dust
22-01-10, 10:54 PM
probably not but its on my to do list...

Lee
22-01-10, 10:57 PM
i'm sure nobody has skydived bare4rsed onto a church spire either........

LMFAO!

General Baxter
22-01-10, 10:58 PM
pay me and ill give it ago lol

mowgli
23-01-10, 11:48 AM
pay me and ill give it ago lol

do they do baxter sized parachutes????

General Baxter
23-01-10, 11:49 AM
ill spread out, i am one lol

mowgli
23-01-10, 11:51 AM
most church spires a large cock with a huge vane on them

Jack
23-01-10, 11:54 AM
2. why hasn't anyone tried to fit an omega v6 & box the proper way round....
Because it won't fit, and even if it did it would be too much work. Heck, if people wimble about modding an exhaust manifold to clear a steering rack, do you really think they're going to rebuild a Nova front end to fit a V6 in NS config? No. lol Even if the front end was space framed it would need lengthening IMO.

Has, although it wasn't finished. Using a Rover V8 too.

brake-dust
23-01-10, 11:57 AM
actually i vaugly remember this, any one got a link?

brake-dust
23-01-10, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjrgAp82ENc&feature=related

Mazz
23-01-10, 12:06 PM
Thats as fake as WWE

brake-dust
23-01-10, 12:08 PM
Thats as fake as WWE

thought that tbh, found this on it, any one got a W.I.P?

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=1654

Mazz
23-01-10, 12:58 PM
Nothing ever came of it unfortunately

Jack
23-01-10, 01:59 PM
350 Chevy engine:

http://www.kitcar.com/york/york-engine-03.jpg

That won't fit in a Nova unless you take the bonnet off and chop the entire front bulkhead out. And sit in the back seat to drive it lol

Pretty sure Phil got a little further with his build than those pics suggest, but certainly nowhere near a running state. Shame.

[OT] Where is Phil these days?

mowgli
23-01-10, 02:05 PM
Because it won't fit, and even if it did it would be too much work. Heck, if people wimble about modding an exhaust manifold to clear a steering rack, do you really think they're going to rebuild a Nova front end to fit a V6 in NS config? No. lol Even if the front end was space framed it would need lengthening IMO.

Has, although it wasn't finished. Using a Rover V8 too.

rover v8 engines are huge.......

the v6 gm engine as fitted in an omega is not massively huge, its all the extra bits that fill the bay.

if the spaceframe nova with an xe project can get everybody moist, someone actually trying to stick a v6 in the front of a nova, as the engine is shorter, should be no more difficult.

brake-dust
23-01-10, 02:54 PM
there not that big, only the length of a normal straight four, there just wider

brake-dust
23-01-10, 03:00 PM
any idea on a user name?

General Baxter
23-01-10, 03:01 PM
but if you look how the other bits are mounted lol you have the lenght of another piston hanging over the front lol

mowgli
23-01-10, 03:08 PM
piston hanging over the front

thats how i like my wimmin

Lee
23-01-10, 03:14 PM

not strictly true, im pretty sure it would go in RWD config by just chopping out the firewall and refitting a new one. Trouble is, you would have to completely move the driving position back ALA Lee He@rsey style, not to mention having to completely redesign the front end including steering ackerman angles etc.

I still think an MX5 is the ideal doner car for all the bits. The main things people do wrong on conversions like this is they seem to have a really bad anal need to use only GM parts! Get a grip lol

brake-dust
23-01-10, 03:34 PM
old shape or new lee? or are they both the same?

Jack
23-01-10, 04:03 PM
not strictly true, im pretty sure it would go in RWD config by just chopping out the firewall and refitting a new one. Trouble is, you would have to completely move the driving position back ALA Lee He@rsey style, not to mention having to completely redesign the front end including steering ackerman angles etc.
This is what I mean when I say "too much work" lol The engine itself would fit NS, just about, but the gearbox would be somewhere between the front seats :cool:

You learnt to weld yet? :d

Mike
23-01-10, 04:12 PM
Judging by the pics you showed me of the Mazda bits Lee, an from what Ive seen myself on a Phase2 5, id say its the best most viable option TBH.

Mike
23-01-10, 04:22 PM
Does the GM 3.0 V6 motor fit into Nova's/Corsa's then?

Lee
23-01-10, 04:31 PM
There's one in Jacks lol

Mike
23-01-10, 04:39 PM
There's one in Jacks lol

Good point, altho i meant like the 3.0 EcoTecs outta Omega's. More for curiosity purposes really.