PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Switch

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 05:07 PM
I need, fairly urgently, the microswitch which sits behind the driver door handle and activates the central locking. Needs to be from a MK3 Cav.

It's a pita to get in & out of the car via one door as the rest have been de-locked lol

bmw156
20-01-10, 05:10 PM
I need, fairly urgently, the microswitch which sits behind the driver door handle and activates the central locking. Needs to be from a MK3 Cav.

It's a pita to get in & out of the car via one door as the rest have been de-locked lol

i normally get in through one door, whats your problem :d

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 05:19 PM
Not when theres 4 people needing to get in the car lol We all look dodgey in public car parks lol

bmw156
20-01-10, 05:22 PM
Not when theres 4 people needing to get in the car lol We all look dodgey in public car parks lol

LMAO

videos or gtfo :P, which door is unlocked?

Spudly
20-01-10, 05:27 PM
You might find you need the passenger motor and the other microswitch and loom for the passenger door aswell, im guessing its only drivers door fuel flap and boot that operate and you have removed the lock pins from the doors.

And Martin, have you offered him advice or a part that he is after, no, so why did you reply/take the piss?

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 05:37 PM
Only the drivers door opens. It was working absolutley fine 2 days ago. I took off the door card and removed the switch. The barrel moves and hits the switch as it should but no door activates. And coz it was last on deadlock they cannot be manually opened and the boot lock will not override the deadlock. And come to think of it the flap is closed and locked and the fuel light is now on. Oh sh*t!!

Spudly
20-01-10, 05:41 PM
Open the panel on the right hand side of the boot (assuming you can as you should be able to) and you can manually pull back the lock pin for the fuel flap to open it so you can still fill up, if its a hacth the access is smaller but you can still do it:thumb:

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 05:50 PM
It's an early loon so I will have a look. But I really do need that f'ing switch.

Come to think of it the passenger door may still have the switch in it. Can the microswitch be removed seperately from the rest of the central locking loom?

Spudly
20-01-10, 06:04 PM
If it a loon i know for certain you can into it as i had to on mine, open the flap where the first aid kit goes and you can reach the fuel flap motor in there.

You will need a drivers switch/loom as theyre sided iirc:thumb:

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 06:45 PM
Managed to open the fuel flap cheers Spudly :thumb:

Still need the drivers door microswitch. Anyone?

AlexW
20-01-10, 08:37 PM
Is it the the one that is small block with a arm on it, gets pushed by the lock ring?
May have one from a corsa. There the same iirc.

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 08:44 PM
Yes.

Someone has offered me the switch off another Cav. So for now it's sorted.

AlexW
20-01-10, 08:45 PM
PM me if it fail's.

:)

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 09:00 PM
Will do :thumb: