PDA

View Full Version : mk 2 grill

eskiboy
01-04-03, 03:57 PM
does anyone know what i should use to fix mesh behind my grill.
should i use something like no nails or is there some type of special adhesive i can use.
any help will be welcome
thanks
eskiboy

Benjoyce
01-04-03, 04:15 PM
NO NIALS DOSN'T HOLD, JUST USE SOME FILLER, ITS HELD MINE NO PROBS. USE A BIT MORE HARDER THO THAN USUAL.

tonydry
01-04-03, 04:38 PM
silacone worked fine 4 me and is easy to remove

?Marty?
01-04-03, 05:01 PM
Fiberglass.

ade
01-04-03, 07:02 PM
If you still have the inner carfriage surround where the grill slats were attached to, you can sandwich mesh nbetween this and the outer section, screwing the inner section in place using the existing melted holes using self tappet screws. This is wpt I did and its solid.

send me yer e-mail address and I'll send you pics of what I did

Ade
:wink:

mark_GSi
06-04-03, 09:06 AM
i used glue, the 1 where u mix the 2 2gether??

held mine in

ade
06-04-03, 11:50 PM
that'd be epoxy resin.

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 12:43 AM
that'd be epoxy resin.

AKA araldite

Jim
07-04-03, 07:12 PM
I used cable ties. I'm confused as to why people are using glue/filler, etc. All I did was cut out the slats in the grill, then cut the mesh slightly bigger than the hole, then used cable ties and fixed it on that way. Theres plenty of points where you can cable tie the mesh to the grill. It's solid and i can simply snip the cable ties if I want to change it.

Jim

stugsi
07-04-03, 07:39 PM
i just some tiger bond get it from most car shops

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 07:42 PM
I used cable ties. I'm confused as to why people are using glue/filler, etc. All I did was cut out the slats in the grill, then cut the mesh slightly bigger than the hole, then used cable ties and fixed it on that way. Theres plenty of points where you can cable tie the mesh to the grill. It's solid and i can simply snip the cable ties if I want to change it.

Jim

i went with your idea also jim, problem most people have is they dont leave the surrond on so nothing to tie wrap it to, hence using other gluey type things.

i need to replace my meshe, or as someone pointed out at sheffield, its upside down so it dosent reflect as much light!!!

MC FARMER_D
10-04-03, 12:25 PM
use fibreglass or filla, or u can put holes in the inner lip an use cable ties..
thats what i did..but now i need to get it off i cant..lol..

Nova-Boy
10-04-03, 12:31 PM
i need to replace my meshe, or as someone pointed out at sheffield, its upside down so it dosent reflect as much light!!!

What mesh do you use?

mikeoxford
10-04-03, 06:03 PM

What mesh do you use?

the cheap big sheet of stuff from b and q

think it has either dtarted to tarnish, or as people said is upside down so dosent collect light as much, because the edges point downards and dont catch light like they would pointing upwards