PDA

View Full Version : MK1 wing mirror removal.

scott.parker
20-01-10, 12:34 AM
Now as silly as it sounds Ive never had to take them off a mk1, and not come across this problem i had earlier.

On most nova's you can just prise the inside cover off and undo the screws, off come the wing mirror, now on my mk1 it has the internal adjusters, i cant see how to remove the adjusters so the leaver etc can pass through the hole and the mirror can come off, i dont want to damage anything as it's not going to be easy to replace in dark BROWN!

Is it something silly like pop the glass from the outside,then undo it from behind there?

Scott

brainsnova
20-01-10, 12:53 AM
the internal plastic adjuster handles just pull off or slide off last time i dont it was 10 years ago lol

scott.parker
20-01-10, 12:54 AM
lol Not mine!

jimbob-mcgrew
20-01-10, 01:00 AM
could try giving it a gentle knock inwards to break its seal, then pull it off.
its probably never been taken off and set in position.

they do have a split point at the end where u might be able to slide a small screwdriver inbetween and lever it apart if no luck. id be gentle with that approach tho, possibility of snapping a wee corner off. they do normally just pull off tho.

Edd
20-01-10, 10:00 AM
Heat the lever up with a hairdryer so the plastic is not so brittle then wiggle it off.

Normally works for me.

LEWI007
20-01-10, 10:54 AM
Yeah the adjusters just pull off.

My mk1 nova came without adjusters, but ive put a spare pair of mirrors in with adjusters on it now.

scott.parker
20-01-10, 04:58 PM
Cheers for the help everyone, there off now.

Scott

bmw156
20-01-10, 05:02 PM
what i do, when the mirror is loose, just slowly pull the mirror out and it levers of the handle. always works and never broken anything :>