PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop Negotiation.

Nova_Tek
19-01-10, 01:42 PM
Just had a lenghty chat with a bodyshop owner round my area.

He came to my house and had a good look at the Nova.

I explained the situation. We've agreed 2 new rear arches supplied by him, door welded to remove rust, bumpers sprayed, I'll remove the engine and he'll do chassis welding and HH plating fitted, full exterior respray in original metalic gold inc. engine bay, roll the new arches, fit the GSi spoiler, adjust the drivers door as it's dropped a tad and anything else that pops up whilst the car is in shop.

I've seen the guys work and he's good as he restores Ferarri's and Porsche's. So I have no doubts in the quality of his work.

All for 1k! I think that's a great price.

What do you guys think? Currently feel great as it's the first step of the build.

:thumb:

L14MNP
19-01-10, 01:45 PM
Good luck mate. I too had a bodyshop owner come to the house and we discussed exactly what would be done and the price.
I'd seen his work before and it was A1.

My car was late, turned out sh!t and they even got the colour wrong!

MattBrown
19-01-10, 02:40 PM
Good luck mate. I too had a bodyshop owner come to the house and we discussed exactly what would be done and the price.
I'd seen his work before and it was A1.

My car was late, turned out sh!t and they even got the colour wrong!

Sounds about right lol

Don't hand over any coins untill you see it, and its perfect!

Edd
19-01-10, 04:19 PM
Sounds a good price for what you want done tbh.

krobinson
19-01-10, 06:22 PM
Sounds far far too cheap, and i'd not take the chance.

LEWI007
19-01-10, 06:39 PM
I would never let a bodywork garage do my car, they cut corners.

You can take a chance with his price though, he might offer good work at a competitive price lol

burgo
19-01-10, 07:22 PM
sounds very cheap. who knows you may get lucky tho

Nova_Tek
19-01-10, 07:26 PM
I know the guys work as I pass his house almost everyday when coming from work (lives half a mile from me) so have seen his stuff for ages. His odyshop is about 3/4 of a mile from me and has agreed to me visiting the bodyshop whenever I want to check progress. And my dads mate is best mates with this guy so it's a bit of a (mates mate mates rate lol)

If I'm unhappy of course I'd never part with my cash till it's perfect.

Only final results will tell.

16v Nova Kev
19-01-10, 07:39 PM
sounds too cheap tbh. the work your getting is alot of man hours thats the expeisive part

vaughanmc
19-01-10, 07:41 PM
I'd say go for it mate - If your not happy with it, get it sorted until it is then pay the agreed price :)

7ova
19-01-10, 07:58 PM
ask for it in writen quote!
then you have a fixed price and exactly
what he is going to do for his money :thumb:

mowgli
19-01-10, 08:02 PM
look at it this way....

he's been asked by a young lad to do up his 'dream' car, a 20 year old spanish rotbox that the lad will most likely wrap round a bit of scenery within the year..... will it get properly rustproofed?????????????

Nova_Tek
19-01-10, 08:06 PM
Mowgli is right about the 25 year old spanish rotbox, but I've had the car for 9 years and it's never been wrapped around anything.

At the end of the day it's mates rates and my dads mate is extremely good longtime mates with the bodyshop guy, I'm gonna strip it and remove the engine so it'll save him a bit of time. And tbh the car is quite clean/ only the rear arches are rotten which will need more serious work. The rest is minor shizzle.

All will be told when its done and I will post pics up.

kent14sr
19-01-10, 08:12 PM
Mowgli is right about the 25 year old spanish rotbox, but I've had the car for 9 years and it's never been wrapped around anything.

At the end of the day it's mates rates and my dads mate is extremely good longtime mates with the bodyshop guy, I'm gonna strip it and remove the engine so it'll save him a bit of time. And tbh the car is quite clean/ only the rear arches are rotten which will need more serious work. The rest is minor shizzle.

All will be told when its done and I will post pics up.

Do it - sounds a good deal to me

Providing the work is good - he gets paid!!!

And if he is a mate of your dads/he has seen the car/you have seen his work - what you got to lose???

Tommy_nova
19-01-10, 08:13 PM
sounds good to me fella

Nova_Tek
19-01-10, 08:33 PM
yeah I think this is a rare opportunity. Its true you get what you pay for but this is discounted. I told the guy that he'll get some advertisment online as I'll obviously recommend him to people if the work is spot on + if I get featured in a mag then I'll be sure to thank him on there too. So some decent publicity.