PDA

View Full Version : c20xe cambelt change

shearer93
19-01-10, 10:49 AM
i am after a bit of advice from someone who has done this before.

i have a c20xe in my nova and need to replace the cambelt, tensioners, water pump, and do the head gasket. The question i need answerd is weather its best to take the engine out or do it while in situ? as there is not much room between the cam cover and the pannel work. im just gettin really annoyed with the car as i bought it already converted which was not a good idea as it has had problem after problem and i just wanna geet this right so i can enjoy all that a 2lt nova offers.

Any advice, knowledge or info would be awsome cheers people.

taffnova
19-01-10, 11:31 AM
the time you messed trying to get in with tools its easier to take engine out and do it

MattBrown
19-01-10, 11:51 AM
i am after a bit of advice from someone who has done this before.

i have a c20xe in my nova and need to replace the cambelt, tensioners, water pump, and do the head gasket. The question i need answerd is weather its best to take the engine out or do it while in situ? as there is not much room between the cam cover and the pannel work. im just gettin really annoyed with the car as i bought it already converted which was not a good idea as it has had problem after problem and i just wanna geet this right so i can enjoy all that a 2lt nova offers.

Any advice, knowledge or info would be awsome cheers people.

Its an hour/or two

To take it out, gives you chance to Drop all the fluids, clean the block, get the correct tools etc!

Lee H
19-01-10, 11:17 PM
I've done a few with the engine in, would rather that than mess about removing shafts, tie bars etc.

Prefer doing up the headbolts with the engine in the car as well as I don't own an engine stand so its a pain keeping it still if its out of the car.