PDA

View Full Version : c16se wiring

Plug
18-01-10, 09:18 PM
Right people i know this question has been asked time and time again and from the search button ive found this information:

- Black is positive when “key on”.
- Brown is ground.
- Green is for coil to tachometer.
- Red/bleu (bigger diameter) is the positive one for the electrical fuel pump (when starting with a carburetted engine this wire is not in the vehicle).
- Bleu/green is oil pressure.
- Black/yellow is oil level.
- Red/black is starter relay.
- Bleu/red is for positive when “key on”, this one is for the ICU.

The question im asking is where i will i find where to connect the wires from the c16se loom onto the 1.2 spi loom?

I see that mowgli was going to make an article back in 09 but must not have got round to it.

Thanks in advance and Rep to all that help

(P.s im helping a mate out as i would have ditched the injection and fitted carbs :) )

w88rdy
18-01-10, 09:28 PM
Whereabouts does the loom come into the car? is it drivers side behing fusebox or behind glovebox?

I would of thought you could do the connections behind either point.

Mine was a spi and i had to sort the charging and starter loom behind the glovebox etc as my xe is a early type and has no connections at the ecu end.

Most of the wires you mentioned go to the clocks anyway and the others are easy to find also

Plug
18-01-10, 09:34 PM
im guessing its behind the glove box all the wires go in (all novas are the same arnt they?)

- Black is positive when “key on”.
- Brown is ground.
- Red/black is starter relay.
- Bleu/red is for positive when “key on”, this one is for the ICU.

ok ive eleminated the ones to the clocks as im ok with them its just these above im not 100% on

w88rdy
18-01-10, 09:44 PM
You can use the black ignition wire to the Black and purple wire that goes through to the wiper motor, brown to the chassis (theres a tag on the left hand kick plate i think for the side repeater) red and black for starter is in the loom behind the glovebox this comes from ignition so use that and the red blue ? Whats the icu? I think thats the fuel pump wire

Plug
18-01-10, 09:50 PM
blue/red for the ecu im guessing i know red/blue is for the fuel pump.

Think im going to have to go and give it ago tbh im kinda clued up but not 100% lol

mowgli
18-01-10, 10:19 PM
the reason i didn't do the article was that i asked for the info for the later spec stuff & never got any.........

i do mk1 novas & not mk2.

a later haynes will have enough info.