PDA

View Full Version : gte heated seats

daverobson
17-01-10, 05:36 PM
Was heated front seats and optional extra?
As someone i know says on the gte he has just got, has switch and symbol. He doesnt have access to car atm so thought i would ask here

sport
17-01-10, 05:41 PM
The symbols are there behind a blank, were only fitted in colder countrys.

Southie
17-01-10, 05:49 PM
Just wondering what's needed to wire these up?
I've got a couple of extra heated screen switches so I could use those and I've also the foam parts from the heated seats from a cav, but what fuse would need to be wired in?

Also has anyone actually had a go at wiring them into a MK1, besides Opel?

ade
17-01-10, 05:51 PM
The symbols are there behind a blank, were only fitted in colder countrys.

Shame there wasnt an option to fit rust protection on wetter country's like ours!

:roll:

blue_peg_16v
17-01-10, 05:51 PM
just a simple loom southie think there is a how too on here i cant remember without actualy seeling the wire sorry mate

brainsnova
17-01-10, 05:53 PM
id wire same way they did in the cav. i drew it out and included it when i sold my heated cali seats.

Benn
17-01-10, 05:54 PM
Shame there wasnt an option to fit rust protection on wetter country's like ours!

:roll:

Have a word, at the time what we have was the best under sealing GM did..

Just a shame that a year in they worked out it was crap.

Southie
just a simple loom southie think there is a how too on here i cant remember without actualy seeling the wire sorry mateCheers I'll have a search, I didn't look to be honest lol

vaughanmc
When there on they make you feel as if you've pissed yourself - Why would you want that ?

Cool touch and something too tell folk about though :)

L14MNP
I assume you'll have to strip the seat base and cut the foam to fit the seat heat pad?

Well worth it though. :)

brainsnova
17-01-10, 05:55 PM
I assume you'll have to strip the seat base and cut the foam to fit the seat heat pad?

Well worth it though. :)

saves making babies too lol

Southie
17-01-10, 05:57 PM
id wire same way they did in the cav. i drew it out and included it when i sold my heated cali seats.
How are they done in the cav? I've the original heated seat buttons but there mk2 style, does anyone that the heated screen buttons would be okay then?

Southie
17-01-10, 06:00 PM
This is something I've been planning on doing for ages, it should be ideal for this time of year. By the time I get round to it it'll be summer though lol

Benn
17-01-10, 06:01 PM
Mr South, i have a pair on heated seat buttons spare i might be temped to part with.. Pm me.

vaughanmc
17-01-10, 06:02 PM
Mk2 ones ? I have 3 sets :)

Southie
17-01-10, 06:03 PM
Mr South, i have a pair on heated seat buttons spare i might be temped to part with.. Pm me.
mmmm ;)

Jack
17-01-10, 06:10 PM
Have a word, at the time what we have was the best under sealing GM did..

Just a shame that as soon as it rained they worked out it was crap.
Fixed

brainsnova
17-01-10, 06:10 PM
cav wiring is feed for the swiches is from the cigarete lighter on a 20amp fuse, switch illumination from grey/green to the other dash illuminaton earth the switches and the heater pad earth goes back to the battery earth bolt under the bonnet and the live at the pad goes to the switch simples.

Benn
17-01-10, 06:12 PM
Sorry yeah all the pairs i have (say 6) are all mk2.

Southie
17-01-10, 06:21 PM
cav wiring is feed for the swiches is from the cigarete lighter on a 20amp fuse, switch illumination from grey/green to the other dash illuminaton earth the switches and the heater pad earth goes back to the battery earth bolt under the bonnet and the live at the pad goes to the switch simples.
Cheers for that it's a big help ;) +reppage.

Something to add to my list now lol

sparkie1401
17-01-10, 06:29 PM
southie i have an idea

answer your phone