PDA

View Full Version : front end problem

PE4
31-03-03, 10:26 PM
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the front of my nova....the grill is inline with the bumper...it should be back abit so that the bumper is sticking further out than the grill - can you picture it?

Also, should there be anythng behind my bumper, because I have heard things about some bar going across the front that protects the radiator and sits behind the bumper.

The bumper is in the right place, so I need to move the grill back abit, but how?

It is a MKI 1.3SR but with mkII wings and grill, with the abyss front bumper.

Also, I have nothing hold ing the lights in at the bottom, so they can bounce a bit or swing up when pushed from behind!?

The troubles never end when owning a Nova....but we love them so :)

Cheers all, Steve

whitey
31-03-03, 10:34 PM
That may explain it then! The abyss front bumper was made for the mk1 only i think! I cant really picture what you are saying coz the mk2 grille sits flush with the bumper and lights, it has little pegs to hold it in place but these may have been cut off!

As for the carriagebar behind, it is not really totally necessarily! It acts as protection for behind and support for the bumper but if you ding a bumper hard enough it really wont make no odds!