PDA

View Full Version : coolant temp feedback on sbd tb's?

yayoboy
17-01-10, 12:43 AM
as title, on mine im taking my temp reading to the clocks from the spade connector on the thermostat housing, my temp guages stay in the red almost permanetly? although the fans come in way after it goes in the red? the switch on the rad is a 88 - 92 one, and its brand new (i have tried it in boiling water also and it switches roughly at the temp it should) is it because im running the blue cacle to the dash from the wrong place, iirc it was of the tb when the c20xe was standard, or is it down to the fact that my high engine spec and compression just means my engine is running hotter, though i cant see it has i have a cool running stat plus the fan switch is working at the correct temo? any ides? cheers, sean

mowgli
17-01-10, 10:52 AM
is the dash genuine gm? is the sender genuine gm? if no to one of the above, then you could have a resistance difference, which is causing it to over read.

if the car is running right apart from that, then you could get a variable resistor & tweak the reading.

yayoboy
17-01-10, 09:16 PM
yes, astra gte digi's, and yes, the car is running fine, its just the paranoia that creeps in when you see the red lights!

craig green
18-01-10, 01:39 PM
Cool running stat FTL.

yayoboy
01-02-10, 07:30 PM
^ why?

Adam
01-02-10, 07:31 PM
Because they pointless-ly make the engine run colder lol