PDA

View Full Version : 16v conversion

dan harding
31-03-03, 08:01 PM
hello nava lads and ladets i have a very question probably asked quite alot. :oops: me and my mate want to stick a 16v from an astra mk2 into nova. whats needed and what can be robbed from either car. aint bought the nova yet will probably be gte or sr. will drive shafts fit what gearbox can be used. and is it right you have to chop a bit of chasis leg away :o done a quick search on here and migweb cant reallly find the answers. also what engine and box mounts are needed.

cheers people. :lol:

brian
31-03-03, 08:23 PM
right, presume yer on about a 2L 16v?
the box on the engine (prob an F20, maybe an aftermarket F16) will be sound to use.
You don't have to cut bits out of chassis legs. Altenator will be tight if its a wide belt one but if its a mk 2 Astra is will be a v belt and will fit.
A GTE/ GSi would be best to start with as you need the tank/pump and lines. but obviously get a clean car. even a 1L if its clean!! those bits can be added to any car.
Check out www.valvers.com and this will get you on yer way. Its not a very hard conversion and good luck.

dan harding
31-03-03, 08:27 PM
cheers for your reply mate. what about drive shafts??

_JH_
31-03-03, 09:08 PM
if you look at valvers.com you will see it all. the astra inner cv fits the gte drive shafts, and i think it mentions that on valvers

dan harding
31-03-03, 10:43 PM
cheers both i've been to the valvers web site very helpfull thanks. :D

Ste_Nova
01-04-03, 12:15 PM
wack leg in for alt....

late cav mk2 1600cvs fit with nova gte shafts