PDA

View Full Version : polybushes

_JH_
31-03-03, 07:46 PM
does anyone have any experiences with the cheap polyrace and polysport bushes from rally design? has anyone used them and upgraded to powerflex etc and noticed any difference? seen them in this months total vaux, page 43 i think, and for the price i may get them.

on a slightly different note, someone must like them as a set for the tie bars costing about 6 quid went for 21 on ebay today, lol

brian
31-03-03, 07:55 PM
cheap or not, anything better/stronger than standard is worth using if you don't mind a slightly rougher ride (doesn't bother me anyway)

_JH_
02-04-03, 10:42 PM
someone must have tried them?

PeteG
03-04-03, 01:48 AM
Nope-but I'm going to try them soon! just got to get another Nova first. If they're good enough they'll be going in the Cav too. Should be ok they've got a shore rating,so they're a guarenteed hardness.

Lee H
03-04-03, 12:24 PM
I've got them and the only problem i had was that the metal insert for the front tie bar bush was slightly too long so i had to cut it down slightly as when I fitted them originally the bush was free to move back and forwards in the housing and wouldn't tighten anymore as the washer was up against the metal insert.

Hope that makes sense, its hard to explain.

Lee

_JH_
03-04-03, 04:47 PM
did they supply it too long or did you use your original?

Lee H
04-04-03, 08:01 AM
supplied it too long. It was as long as the bush which meant you couldn't get the bush to squash at all which meant it was permanently loose in the housing.

YellowTurbo
04-04-03, 10:39 AM
I am using them too i did notice the difference everything feels tighter...bugger to fit though....:(

mikeoxford
05-04-03, 12:35 AM
what do you mean "tighter" ?

novax
05-04-03, 08:14 AM
As I've all but rebuilt/replaced most of "X" I thought abouts these. Frankly the ride is hard enough as it is, and it's not like I intend going on the track. Therefore I dropped the idea, I think I'll put them on the rear beam to tighten up the rear but "new" Vauxhal bushes on the front will do me fine :D

To answer your question directly - no I haven't used them yet.