PDA

View Full Version : toast shock!!!

conad
15-01-10, 12:48 PM
ya know the static shock ya can get from touching objects such as door handles, well i just got a hell of a belt getting toast out of the toaster, my hand was nowhere near the toaster itself and i saw the little blue spark between my finger and the toast.... WTF :wtf: :wtf:

draper
15-01-10, 01:01 PM
lol

i get static shocks on a hourly basis now, polythene film and metal FTW - doesnt make me flinch anymore but i used to jump a mile lol

Southie
15-01-10, 01:06 PM
A proper answer CLICKY (http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/static.html)

a silly answer

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IlwcTx9Q628/Sl2Hli6u84I/AAAAAAAAEEM/pmhkXd4r7Ps/s400/masturbation-transformer-prime-demotivational-posters.jpg

L14MNP
15-01-10, 01:37 PM
Maybe you're special like me. I trashed a phone box once on the A1 in Scotland (was derelict lol) with a wooden baseball bat and managed to get sparks from the glass. lol

conad
15-01-10, 01:37 PM
polythene-yeah,metal-yeah.....but TOAST?!?!

i get them all the time too, its fun when your on a roll and ya can go round shocking people on purpose lol

L14MNP
15-01-10, 01:40 PM
Peter wins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hle4OdJ1u9E&feature=related)

brainsnova
15-01-10, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tavyXOo91CE shocking wiring but right colours in right place lol

L14MNP
15-01-10, 01:45 PM
Nice Brains! Will have to check more of their vids. lol Love the substandard wiring job.

I'm reminded of these two lol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk)

brainsnova
15-01-10, 01:53 PM
lol i love me too

kelbelle
16-01-10, 12:57 PM
Limp - Your well cool, not :wtf:

You should play the sick game my manager gives me at work, tidying the metal CR3 holding about 30 completely static woolen shoulder wraps. You have to do it without touching the metal rail or the metal hanger or you get shocked. If you accidently run it over you legs it feels like someone jabbing a 1000 neddles in your legs.

wwmnw
16-01-10, 01:06 PM
it feels like someone jabbing a 1000 neddles in your legs.

Its better than one prick up the bum.

mowgli
16-01-10, 01:10 PM
Its better than one prick up the bum.

bathfart, you appear to be fluent in a foreign language, cos I just read kellybelly's post & didn't get a single word of it...........

anyway, static shocks are for poofs, 240vac or 9kv off an electric fence are way more powerful, your joints ache for hours off the electric fence shocks....

Jack
16-01-10, 01:16 PM
it feels like someone jabbing a 1000 neddles in your legs.
I get that all the time at the mo in my right foot :(

wwmnw
16-01-10, 01:25 PM
bathfart, you appear to be fluent in a foreign language, cos I just read kellybelly's post & didn't get a single word of it...........

anyway, static shocks are for poofs, 240vac or 9kv off an electric fence are way more powerful, your joints ache for hours off the electric fence shocks....

I ran it through google translate mate, I once got a shock of an electric fence when I was about 13, I was with in the scouts (Yes lol, and no the scout master never touched me) and we went to Hexham, went for a trek and came across a fence and we all joined hands and touched it, I didn't realise what was going on at first as it sent a pulse down the wires. Wasn't very powerful but it tripped me out.

Spudly
16-01-10, 01:56 PM
Ive had a belt from a live wire in an old tool making factory, the company i worked for at the time had bought out the old factory and had a few sparkies in ripping out the old wiring from the machines, i was up the top a of a scaffolding rig pulling back some dead wiring from behind a pillar, there was a junction box thing on the end of it and we had been told not damage anything for possible resale value, double checked with a passing spaky that this wall was dead which he confirmed.

So i clipped through the wires one by one but decided to bend them all apart just in case some clown turned them back on, as i touched the end of the live i realised it was still live cos it bit me and i got a right good belt off it, bit nearly through my tongue, my arm flew up in the air and i punched the roof which was just above me and knocked me backwards and i very nearly fell off the rig which was only about 12-15 foot high but wouldve hurt if id landed on the concrete floor below, turns out the wire id clipped was the only one on that wall fed from the lights which was a seperate feed from the machine circuit, why one solitary machine was powered from the lights we didnt ever find out but, i was very luck i think, although i cant say the same for my tongue which bled happily for a day or so afterwards:cry:

mowgli
16-01-10, 03:22 PM
I ran it through google translate mate, I once got a shock of an electric fence when I was about 13, I was with in the scouts (Yes lol, and no the scout master never touched me) and we went to Hexham, went for a trek andcame across a fence and we all joined hands and touched it, I didn't realise what was going on at first as it sent a pulse down the wires. Wasn't very powerful but it tripped me out.

thank god I never joined the scouts!!!!!!!!!

mowgli
16-01-10, 03:25 PM
spud, been there, done that.. but thankfully my gloves saved me.

i was stripping out part of a school & the agent (look up lying bas tard) told me the wiring was dead & it needed stripping out fully....

so there am I standing in 4" of water with a large pair of bolt croppers, and went thru the cables. BANG FIZZ KABOOM etc, you know the rest...

the dead copper gas pipe was just as funny..... as I was frantically bending the end over & flattening it out with 2 lumps of wood

mowgli
16-01-10, 03:26 PM
I stayed in a static caravan for a week, that was shocking

L14MNP
16-01-10, 04:17 PM
GTF. I thought you went/go to university?

I advise you start attending basic English in your free time.

Sparks from glass FTW. The thing was trashed anyway and about to be uprooted for a new road...

conad
16-01-10, 10:12 PM
I stayed in a static caravan for a week, that was shocking

LMFAO.....quality :thumb:

Mike
16-01-10, 10:17 PM
I nearly tore my ball bag open on a barbed wire fence once. Touched an elec fence on a horse pen in Tywyn in wales, that was erm, enlightening to say the least!

Ive also come close to electrocuty my sack via some 10mm cooker point cable that decided it wanted to earth out on my belt buckle.

Never had a shock from a toaster though....

Richie_B
16-01-10, 11:53 PM

You're* :wtf: