PDA

View Full Version : ultimate spec let

brake-dust
15-01-10, 10:32 AM
if you had a unlimited supply of money whats the best spec let you can think of to build? :thumb:

Benn
15-01-10, 10:56 AM
A std non leaking non heavy breathing fmic'erd chav valved pretty looking happy let.

To many mods and they become alot of hassle and break.

brake-dust
15-01-10, 11:15 AM
got a nice inheritance coming soon and thinking of aiming for the big 600bhp mark, got a ruff spec sheet but just wondered on other peoples opinions, the highest bhp i remember was g8wcc's yellow monster,

Stuart
15-01-10, 11:17 AM
imho waste of good meant inheritence.. but each to their own.

I'd not bother with the LET and go straight for a well specced Z22SE with lots of Cobalt SS stuff from the USA. 600bhp with very little hassle.

Southie
15-01-10, 11:27 AM
got a nice inheritance coming soon and thinking of aiming for the big 600bhp mark, got a ruff spec sheet but just wondered on other peoples opinions, the highest bhp i remember was g8wcc's yellow monster,
If that's the case then why bullshiite in a for sale thread CLICKY (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136499) :roll:

brake-dust
15-01-10, 11:27 AM
never heard of that one, what do you recon the chances of it fitting a nova?

Ben
15-01-10, 11:28 AM
If i had some nice inheritence coming it would be going nowhere near a car, invest the money wisely!

brake-dust
15-01-10, 11:29 AM
If that's the case then why bullshiite in a for sale thread CLICKY (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136499) :roll:

right now i am potless thats true, tbh i dont expect to see any inheritance money for the next few months, just trying to find my best options for a build

Benn
15-01-10, 11:29 AM
Have a read thru this..

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-talk/421051-high-bhp-let.html

They give alot of how much you'll be spending to get "big" power..

If i had some nice inheritence coming it would be going nowhere near a car, invest the money wisely!

Hookers and Ribena?

blue_peg_16v
15-01-10, 11:31 AM
id be putting a nice inheritence into property prices have plumited and as and when the credit crunch improves prices will increase again

MattBrown
15-01-10, 11:32 AM
id be putting a nice inheritence into property prices have plumited and as and when the credit crunch improves prices will increase again

Will they?

Is that fact?
lol

brake-dust
15-01-10, 11:37 AM
Have a read thru this..

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-talk/421051-high-bhp-let.html

They give alot of how much you'll be spending to get "big" power..

Hookers and Ribena?

cheers mate will have a good read through

Ben
15-01-10, 11:41 AM
Will they?

Is that fact?
lol

They are climbing back up already!

blue_peg_16v
15-01-10, 11:43 AM
property prices will always rise in the long run the same questions were asked in the early 90s recession and my house is still worth 3 times as much as then even with the fall at present, its just you have to look at it as long term now not a short term gain like when prices were booming couple of years ago.

Stuart
15-01-10, 01:42 PM
also now the stupid stamp duty "holiday" has gone it means the prices can move up again for the "middle" value houses :d

the Z22SE is known as the L61 in the USA and is just a 2.2L version of the 2.0 LSJ (which is supercharged)... do some googling and reading.

ben doodar
15-01-10, 01:44 PM
Agreed total waste of money IMHO! All it takes is the engine to go pop and u have to start again and pour all the Money bk into it again. Fair enough if you have the money spare to spend, and if your taking 600hp your talking big money to waste just on an engine.

novaxe235
15-01-10, 01:50 PM
Its all very well having a 600 bhp let but you also need a very well specked shell for it to go into have you thought of the cost of suspension and transmission etc you cant go throwing it in a 1.2 shell lowered on pi springs with standard brakes.

Edd
15-01-10, 01:57 PM
If i spent a inheritence on a car engine, not only would i feel embarrassed, i would be expecting the person that left the money to me to be turning in their grave.

As Stuart said each to there own, surely worth spending the money on something more long term like property.

L14MNP
15-01-10, 02:04 PM
Don't blow it on a car. novaxe235 has a very good point too.

I'd expect to lay out about £8K on an SCCR 'box. Bit daft boltng all that up to a 15 year old F28.

Paul
15-01-10, 02:14 PM
Its all very well having a 600 bhp let but you also need a very well specked shell for it to go into have you thought of the cost of suspension and transmission etc you cant go throwing it in a 1.2 shell lowered on pi springs with standard brakes.

why not?

dontliftdrift
15-01-10, 02:18 PM
spend the money on what makes you happy! not long ago i watched a 616bhp nova on youtube.bit off a monster lol

have a search for dixon's mk1 green let nova,iirc it was rather quick!

Jack
15-01-10, 02:21 PM
Unlimited funds?

House first

Then this
http://planetofthenerds.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/dodge-challenger1.jpg

Then this
http://www.nofearmotorsports.com/images/gtx.jpg

Then I'd buy a couple of Nova Sports and scrap them lol

Then probably look at putting a V8 in the saloon if I still had it by this point

brake-dust
15-01-10, 02:44 PM
my property situation is all sorted, my dad bought three houses in his younger years which now have no mortgauges (bad spell), all 4 bedroom houses in a relitivly nice area, and besides i was put on this earth to have fun and if i want to be 'stupid' with my money i will, with regards the shell im thinking similar to 'ste' but rear wheel drive, dreams to build a rwd 600bhp+ nova hatch, weather it will happen or not is another matter but meh we can dream

Stuart
15-01-10, 03:09 PM
cost + faf of doing a high power rear engine nova, you might aswell go get a vx220 turbo, a few engine mods to get 300ish bhp and have a car that handles well, is worth something, and is fairly cool.

brake-dust
15-01-10, 03:31 PM
cost + faf of doing a high power rear engine nova, you might aswell go get a vx220 turbo, a few engine mods to get 300ish bhp and have a car that handles well, is worth something, and is fairly cool.

always planned to have to engine in the front mate, im just wondering if perhaps more power was to be found in superchargers, the rotrex ones are really rated and being only the size of a alternator is ideal

Mike
15-01-10, 04:18 PM

+1!!

A defiently not a 15 year old engine either!

ZLET if any.

Stoo
15-01-10, 04:31 PM
Loser!

I can't believe you are even asking the question tbh!

novaxe235
15-01-10, 04:34 PM
why not? You tell me i don't see your c20 let running standard brakes + suspension or even cross member for that matter. You know very well why :roll:.

Mike
15-01-10, 04:35 PM
Mmmm vanishing points white charger is ace :)

Pistol Pete
15-01-10, 04:37 PM
Many people seem to throw money at LETs wanting big power and either achieve power but no where near what they want, or it is so unreliable it breaks 24/7. lol check Rick Drapers build. No more nneds to be said IMO.

Big power LETs these days are a waste. You could get decent power from a more modern engine in a more modern car. lol a LET in a Nova is pretty old hat, and a waste IMHO.

And wasting your inheritance on something like this is stupid and something you may regret at a later date. But it is your choice at the end of the day.

Rickardo
15-01-10, 04:41 PM
I'd spent the lot on hookers and booze, you'd have more fun than owning a big bhp Nova. They send you paranoid. :tard:

djbrowney
15-01-10, 05:14 PM
This is what i have bought to build my let

Block bored to 87mm
Under piston oil squirters
block machined to run 10 mm girdle
arrow steel crank
arrow steel rods
arp 792 rod bolts (im not sure if thats the right code)
machined omega pistons
arp mains studs
glyco bearing
pace dry sump
sbs head studs
hks head gasket
gm head with porus mod
full port and polish
piper development custom ground cams
REC stelite tipped exhaust +1mm
REC +1mm inlet
oversized shims
arrow solid lifters
piper double valve springs
piper spring retainers
gm platforms
bronze guides
piper vernier pulley's
Nortech inlet 3" throttle body manifold
nortech exhaust t3 exhaust manifold

left on my list is

emrald ecu
gt 30/40 turbo
44 wastegate

im sure there is more but meh :p

brake-dust
15-01-10, 05:16 PM
what sort of performance fiqures are you aiming for on this one mr browney?

Sloth
15-01-10, 05:19 PM
for the purpose of the thread,
3.0 special cast long stroke alloy block, studded, etc.
new cast head, fully ported by hand,
special grind cams, verniers.
carbon kevlar swedish inlet, 8 injectors.
pectel management, antilag launch control etc.
2.75inch primary mani feeding a gt42r or t70r ball bearing turbo, or a halsett h2 ( look at a train/truck)
massive fmic with cryo spray, 3 inch hard pipes etc, and a charge cooler.
dry sump setup, super light flywheel, alt starter, 4 puck twin plate clutch.
quaife sequential box, 7 speed.
390mm carbon ceramic disks ap 8 pot caliper carbon pads.
carbon fibre shillouette shell, fully made tube chassis, remote res coil over susp.
comp mo's running slicks

just a rough list.

oh and mot and tax :thumb:

in reality, a corsa c, full toys, z20leh to 500bhp or 3.2 v6 supercharged or saab 2.3 fpt running 500bhp, all on f23 gearboxes. (easy fitting) with quaife bits. of course.

djbrowney
15-01-10, 05:20 PM
so long as it dosnt blow up mate i will be a happy bunny lol

mowgli
15-01-10, 05:28 PM
brake dust, to quote kevin kostner's dad......

if you build it, we will come

blue_peg_16v
15-01-10, 05:28 PM
lol

Paul
15-01-10, 05:31 PM
You tell me i don't see your c20 let running standard brakes + suspension or even cross member for that matter. You know very well why :roll:.

it would be pretty funny though, as long as I wasnt driving or near it

Bubba
15-01-10, 06:48 PM

thats why you put it in a cav...or even a carlton :P oooo 600bhp carlton...hmmm :p

blue_peg_16v
15-01-10, 06:49 PM
cav wtf there donar cars lol

brucer
15-01-10, 07:41 PM
Manta ftw!

Benn
15-01-10, 07:44 PM
2.75inch primary mani feeding a gt42r or t70r ball bearing turbo, or a halsett h2 ( look at a train/truck)
carbon fibre shillouette shell, fully made tube chassis, remote res coil over susp.
comp mo's running slicks

just a rough list.

in reality, a corsa c, full toys, z20leh to 500bhp or 3.2 v6 supercharged or saab 2.3 fpt running 500bhp, all on f23 gearboxes. (easy fitting) with quaife bits. of course.

Pics? Build thread?

scott.parker
15-01-10, 07:55 PM
Manta ftw!

V8 Manta, now that's a nice idea..

Stuart
15-01-10, 08:10 PM
V8 Manta, now that's a nice idea..

so it can be thrown into a wall faster? :d

garethcolley
15-01-10, 08:21 PM
Assuming this would be going into a Nova or another FWD Vauxhall i cant see the point in having over 300hp TBH. Lots of money for little reward other than lots of wheel spin. I wish i had a tuned 1.6 8V rather than my LET!

mowgli
15-01-10, 08:59 PM
if I had 10k to blow on an engine, i'd just go & buy an m3

Sloth
15-01-10, 10:58 PM
Pics? Build thread?

in my head mate, just a rough idea of in finite cash = this.:thumb:

scott.parker
16-01-10, 09:38 AM
if I had 10k to blow on an engine, i'd just go & buy an m3

Ditto, or similar car for the money.

Rick Draper
16-01-10, 10:18 AM
comp mo's running slicks

just a rough list.

Still talking a good engine i see lol.

Maybe you should advise Quaife on gearbox's as iirc they only offer a 6 speed fwd sequential and thats not rated to high torque figures.

Also are quaife now offering gearkits for F23's or just diffs, seems you know more than Quaife do tbh.

Sloth
17-01-10, 11:54 AM
Still talking a good engine i see lol.

Maybe you should advise Quaife on gearbox's as iirc they only offer a 6 speed fwd sequential and thats not rated to high torque figures.

Also are quaife now offering gearkits for F23's or just diffs, seems you know more than Quaife do tbh.

quaife have been offering f23 kits for 2-3 years. and there was a 7 spped f20 kit on ebay that was from them too. mate the only reason i havent built something atm is cash, i get married and emigrate this year, so my money goes that way instead. :thumb:

Benn
17-01-10, 01:18 PM
a 7 speed f20?

Rick Draper
17-01-10, 01:57 PM
quaife have been offering f23 kits for 2-3 years. and there was a 7 spped f20 kit on ebay that was from them too. mate the only reason i havent built something atm is cash, i get married and emigrate this year, so my money goes that way instead. :thumb:

Not sequential and would not take turbo torque. All quaife box's are not rated to high torque levels, just ask the cossie lads.

Also there is only a listing for F23 diffs, no gears, and also only a listing for a 6 speed F20 kit.

Stuart
17-01-10, 08:43 PM
Sadev ftw on gearboxes, or just go home :p

Sloth
17-01-10, 10:31 PM
oh and after having a think, if its no money no object, id pay quaife or sadev to make a 7 speed sequential to handle it. :)

scott.parker
18-01-10, 12:39 AM
oh and after having a think, if its no money no object, id pay quaife or sadev to make a 7 speed sequential to handle it. :)

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/ok-now-ure-startin-to-bore-me.jpg
http://blogs.knoxnews.com/silence/gaygraph.jpg