PDA

View Full Version : Do I or Dont I??

savs_redtop
15-01-10, 08:58 AM
Just bought another Nova after being deprived of one for about the last 4 years and im not sure what to do with it :confused:, ive bought it as a second car for something to do on the side but im not sure whether to go all out track or make it into a nice example if you get me.
to give you some idea of whats its like its a white GSi rep, was on pistonheads not long back, its had a full exterior respray with new wings etc a while back so its sort of half way there, just dont know whether to gut it or not!!!!

Asa-James
15-01-10, 10:18 AM
if its clean keep it that way, but there are a stack load of GSi reps about (not saying its a bad thing, just saying)

what engine is it running? and what is it mostley going to be used for?

draper
15-01-10, 10:22 AM
leave the dash, have a cage, have 2 buckets

you need the room in the back for when you go cottaging anyway

savs_redtop
15-01-10, 10:26 AM
if its clean keep it that way, but there are a stack load of GSi reps about (not saying its a bad thing, just saying)

what engine is it running? and what is it mostley going to be used for?

yeh I know there is a few about, it is clean and I wouldnt be doing much to the exterior as in looks, interior isnt the best needs a good clean, its got blue and grey sri interior so not exactly a perfect replica.
Engine is a 1.6 8v on carb out of an H reg astra, mainly going to be used for shows, meets, pod and when im bored at weekends.
I built a track 106 gti on TB's which I put up for sale on here, but since I sold that, im slowly starting to get bored.

savs_redtop
15-01-10, 10:27 AM
leave the dash, have a cage, have 2 buckets

you need the room in the back for when you go cottaging anyway

Ill need room in the back for your body bag!

blue_peg_16v
15-01-10, 11:49 AM
put some twin carbs and a cam in the engine cage and buckets and decent suspension and brakes

SR-Rally
15-01-10, 06:41 PM
^^^^^ yes

savs_redtop
15-01-10, 07:06 PM
okay ive made my mind up, just got to find a good welder and a good let engine, should be picking cage up this weekend ;)

SR-Rally
15-01-10, 07:07 PM
:thumb:

draper
15-01-10, 07:09 PM
LET ? good choice sir

savs_redtop
15-01-10, 07:13 PM
yeh well im not making the same mistake as before and getting bored because its not fast enough, might aswell go all out and do it right first time, might have to get mr reid re-building for me.