PDA

View Full Version : possibly ridiculously stupid...

Asa-James
14-01-10, 01:24 PM
i quit my job this morning. now at home scanning the net for work.

and i've never felt better:d

just though i'd share that.

Southie
14-01-10, 01:26 PM
:eek: lol :eek: :thumb: :wtf:

Mattman
14-01-10, 01:29 PM

:thumb: wish I could quit my job but mortgage, bills and a Nova to run don't allow me to give it up without the security of a new job to go to...

and there is FA out there around these parts.

Good on you tho if it makes you happy. Hope you find something else soon.

Richie_B
14-01-10, 01:33 PM
You'll not feel better when you realise how hard it is to find work atm :)

brainsnova
14-01-10, 01:33 PM
i quit my job that long ago i cant mind the year lol and just got a sickening letter if i pay £420 my tax year 07/08 will count towards my state pension. fcuk them i dont care about any pension.

L14MNP
14-01-10, 01:34 PM
http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/techies%20fight%20club.jpg
Do you now have corporate sponsorship? lol

Lynsey
14-01-10, 01:40 PM
Not having a job sucks. I am working part-time but desperately need to find something full time before I go crazy.

blue_peg_16v
14-01-10, 02:21 PM
hope you find something quick asa ive been out of work now for 2 months though

draper
14-01-10, 02:28 PM

enjoy it while it lasts (it wont be long) soon you'll be pullig your hair out due to boredom, resentment and general feeling of stupidity when you cant find work/keep getting knocked back at interviews etc

i hope it all works out and wish you no bad luck but just walking out of your job this day in ae is ****ing stupid :roll: so supid even i wouldnt do it

but meh, my taxes will pay your way so you'll be fine

Asa-James
14-01-10, 02:36 PM
the last thing i want to do is claim, i have options, the stupidest thing i ever did was leave the mechanic trade, there are four garages in my local area advertising, i'm drawing up a fresh cv, at worst i'll offer my services as a trained apprentice (they get govt funding, i've more than completed my college work)

i'm still young (ish) and still living at home. my parents are understanding enough that the job was killing me, but they wont let me rest.

all in all i feel good, positive and happy to be out of there. i've only been four months, my first foray into office work. the job itself was good, the problem was the reason the company has a high turnover, one guy. its all it takes and i had to go before i snapped as an employee and risk getting fired (i was already on a warning for a very trivial matter)

i didnt just walk out, i handed in a notice, was polite and professional, and my manager smiled, said it had been a pleasure, shook my hand and wished me all the best.

Adam
14-01-10, 03:14 PM
I would of been looking/got another job BEFORE walking out of my current job, personally....

But good luck anyway

Jack
14-01-10, 04:05 PM
Sounds good, keeping old employer on side was a wise move too. Hopefully they'll provide a good reference.

mowgli
14-01-10, 04:56 PM
ASA, you found out early enough that office life is shoite, that is good new for you.

I did it for 18 months & found out that hard graft, and exceptional customer service, backed up by serious product knowledge will never get you promoted, being effing useless gets you promoted, because line managers will sign off any attempt that the useless ones make to get promoted, just to get rid of them. the good ones get stuck in a rut & leave to further themselves...
AND as for the bitchiness from blokes & women is ridiculous, then the gangs and cliques, are worse than any playtime i saw at school.....

Oh, and I once got an official warning for taking a fag break....... because I didn't smoke.... I pointed out that the smokers got 1/2hr free break every day, so the non-smokers should too.....the manager was a smoker

mate, get yourself trained at what you really want to do & can see yourself doing for the foreseable future & you will be happy.

bmw156
14-01-10, 05:53 PM
i always thought office work would be boring and mind numming (sp). but i work in the office as a production manager (almost) and i love it. i do do alot of interacting with the guys in the factory so its keep me sane. and im installing SAP, as our new computer system.

it is a small office. 6 people total. and a smallish company. so its good. the GM isnt in the clouds which is nice. and he is in the same office.

mowgli
14-01-10, 06:24 PM
I went from a portakabin with 10 others to the seventh floor of an office block, and thats when we all wished the portakabin hadn't rotted out.......

Richie_B
14-01-10, 07:47 PM
From experience, even though you've got some training/quals/experience behind you, it's still hard to walk into work atm, even if you're willing to do something you consider to be lesser qualified than what you've done previously.

Logical Improvement
14-01-10, 08:51 PM

just though i'd share that.

What is it you do ? It's not that bad out there. Really :d

I was made redundant on 11th June 2009. On 25th June I was offered a Contract job, and on 30th June I formed my own ltd company and started on 6th July. That contract finished on 24th December and on 11th Jan I was offer my next contract which starts 25th Jan 2010.

Mcgowan
15-01-10, 01:10 AM
I got laid off last June and am still searching for work :( Had one interview in all that time and no-one else can be arsed to reply tis shoite

MJS
15-01-10, 01:28 AM
Always best not to burn Bridges if only for a ref.
I've been out of work too long due to being a salesman
who lost his licence now got it back no-one round by me replyin to my applications boo who
GOOD LUCK AND DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT A IT

nova-taken
15-01-10, 07:05 AM
Isnt it nice that some can still pack in the day jobs?? lol

i got laid off back in february 09, and havent had so much as a decent interview yet!

but ASA, good luck mate, hope theres more jobs up where you are dude :thumb:

CoolTiger
15-01-10, 07:17 AM
I went from a portakabin with 10 others to the seventh floor of an office block, and thats when we all wished the portakabin hadn't rotted out.......didnt the new building have a lift :(

Logical Improvement
15-01-10, 08:02 AM
Isnt it nice that some can still pack in the day jobs?? lol

i got laid off back in february 09, and havent had so much as a decent interview yet!

but ASA, good luck mate, hope theres more jobs up where you are dude :thumb:

What is it you do ? I haven't seen a single permanent job in the whole of the UK :cry: worth applying for in 2 years, and I haven't seen any contract jobs in the North West which would pay a reasonable wage:tard: , but I have been able to find work in the Midlands. :) :) .

mowgli
15-01-10, 09:11 AM
didnt the new building have a lift :(

the building had several lifts, it had large tropical plants, decent coffee, but was full of ar$eholes on all seven floors. I was selling lorry spares & really didn't need Feng Shui office decor............

that farmer
15-01-10, 09:56 AM
dont get you lot its not that hard to find a job iv moved job 3 times last year found jobs only weeks after leaving the previouse one. get yourself out there, go into places and ask for a job rather than just ringing them up shows your willing to put in the effort.

MattBrown
15-01-10, 11:02 AM
i always thought office work would be boring and mind numming (sp). but i work in the office as a production manager (almost) and i love it. i do do alot of interacting with the guys in the factory so its keep me sane. and im installing SAP, as our new computer system.

it is a small office. 6 people total. and a smallish company. so its good. the GM isnt in the clouds which is nice. and he is in the same office.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

SAP, What a load of bollocks that is turning out to be!

RaWrrrrrr lol

Sloth
15-01-10, 12:32 PM
mr logical imp. to state that there isnt a decent permanent job in the whole of the uk is, to be fair utter b/s. there are plenty of jobs, permanent or otherwise out there, infact the latest stats are for every jobseeker there is 2 jobs. lower your sights, get active and get to the jobcentre, youd be suprised how much help they are.
mcgowan, dont exopect reply letters, employers dont do that now, you need to wait a week to 2 weeks and call them back. ask if there is any progress and if you arnt sucessful, ask why not?:thumb:
that farmer, well done, your right, tho i feel that alot of people have high expectations of the labour market today, in as much as they think they can ask for £7-8 p/h, doing any job. wrong. all employers are wise to the min wage, and tbh if your over 25 or have kids living with you, working tax credits adds extra on per week.

to state that there is no jobs, and that no one is finding work is totally wrong. :thumb:

dontliftdrift
15-01-10, 12:34 PM
lucky for you being able to leave and not have another job setup! i was in the same position but i was planning on starting up business myself,i will never look back and i will never work for anybody else ever again ;)

good luck in your job hunting :)

kelbelle
15-01-10, 08:02 PM
Well I dont think its the end of the world but then again I'm probably being positive because i Just got a new job! :D

mowgli
15-01-10, 08:28 PM
Well I dont think its the end of the world but then again I'm probably being positive because i Just got a new job! :D

dancing from lapland or poland??

Mike
15-01-10, 08:29 PM
but I have been able to find work in the Midlands. :) :) .

Your bloody lucky then chap, theres not really much work about in the mids with regards to the building trade!

mowgli
15-01-10, 08:31 PM
no, there is quite a bit, just not for decorators..... jobs are starting up again, but then, we are groundworkers.

Logical Improvement
15-01-10, 10:53 PM
mr logical imp. to state that there isnt a decent permanent job in the whole of the uk is, to be fair utter b/s. there are plenty of jobs, permanent or otherwise out there, infact the latest stats are for every jobseeker there is 2 jobs. lower your sights, get active and get to the jobcentre, youd be suprised how much help they are..

to state that there is no jobs, and that no one is finding work is totally wrong. :thumb:

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/logicalimprovementprojects

It's a clear and concious career decision to go freelance as a Ltd company contractor. I've not had a problem getting work so far.

Sloth
15-01-10, 11:02 PM
im not disputing that, im disputing what you actually said. seen as i work for the jobcentre as a manager, i think that my comment stands.

blue_peg_16v
15-01-10, 11:03 PM
find me a fecking job then sloth lol

Mcgowan
16-01-10, 03:51 AM
Sloth thats all well and good but when you ring everyweek as i do and they constantley say the application forms haven't been sorted yet even after 6 weeks a lot of the time or they can't be arsed to even write your name down when they say they have, i've also been round every pub/shop/anything i can think of and handed in cv's but no matter how polite they are to ya at the time if they don't want to give you a job then you ain't gonna get one!!lol ;)