PDA

View Full Version : what if u ..

CoolTiger
13-01-10, 06:49 PM
i dont get it when people say about uninsured drivers what if u hit me dad granddad dog aunty pet gold fish and killed them? what difference does it make if there insured or not its not like being insured would save the persons life still gonna die ect your not like gonna be oh well **** happens atleast u had insurance, not saying not being insured is ok far from it! just winds me up when people say the above :/

L14MNP
13-01-10, 06:51 PM
Oh dear...... lol
http://hotcrumbsoflove.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/can%20of%20worms.jpg
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/scarjo_popcorn.gif

Hobbit
13-01-10, 06:55 PM
I'm more worried about it putting the price of my insurance going up

burgo
13-01-10, 07:00 PM
its so the families of the injured get money to help support them

L14MNP
13-01-10, 07:02 PM
Yep. Two very valid answers. It also pays for any damage done to private/public property.

Tony M
13-01-10, 07:03 PM
Similar situation is going on at the minute with myself. My old car got crashed into and a few people got ran over. The bloke wasn't insured and now he has left the country, the case is still on going.

Hobbit
13-01-10, 07:12 PM
My mates mint M sport beemer got written off by an uninsured driver in a robin reliant. It mounted the beemers bonnet and put dents all the way down one side. He never got any money back as the guy was a jobless bum :(

Mike
13-01-10, 07:22 PM
My mates mint M sport beemer got written off by an uninsured driver in a robin reliant. It mounted the beemers bonnet and put dents all the way down one side. He never got any money back as the guy was a jobless bum :(

Del Boy & Rodders strike again I see.....

L14MNP
13-01-10, 07:23 PM
The only accident that van caused was when Rodney ran a light and something (a Maxi?) ran into the back of an almost new Metro panda car. lol

MK999
13-01-10, 07:23 PM

That's what would suck about being hit by an uninsured driver, the high insurance cost is also a hurdle that stops many inexperienced drivers from getting into cars they're going to try and kill people with, which is a valid point. However a massive payout when someone kills a family member or similar is hardly gonna fix it is it.

The line that always gets me though is the DVLA's uninsured drivers kill thousands of people every year line, wanna compare the figures to the amount of insured drivers that kill people every year? Might just prove that you're safer being uninsured.

Sure, it's a stupid idea to try and insure your 5.0 V8 turbo nova as a 1.0 if you think there's any chance you could crash (if you don't, you probably should) but lines like that from the DVLA just make a joke of going without insurance imo.

L14MNP
13-01-10, 07:25 PM
The DVLA BS is the same as the Government and the taxation classes IMO. You were all killing the planet before we imposed these higher tax bands!
Now, you pay more to drive the same vehicles and the planet is 'safe'.

I wouldn't mind if they were using the income to build a giant toupee to cover the hole in the ozone ala Red Dwarf. lol

Scaremongering to the masses FTL.

Mike
13-01-10, 07:25 PM
TBH, the fine for no insurance as a first offence is £1000 (AFAIK), much cheaper then an insurance policy when your say 17. Hence why so many young chavvers take the risk.

MK999
13-01-10, 08:24 PM
The DVLA BS is the same as the Government and the taxation classes IMO. You were all killing the planet before we imposed these higher tax bands!

I wouldn't mind if they were using the income to build a giant toupee to cover the hole in the ozone ala Red Dwarf. lol

Scaremongering to the masses FTL.

Have you ever seen the DVLA tax disc meadow advert? If you don't buy car tax, you WILL crash and die. lol

TBH, the fine for no insurance as a first offence is £1000 (AFAIK), much cheaper then an insurance policy when your say 17. Hence why so many young chavvers take the risk.
You'd spend way more than that on future insurance policies.

Jack
13-01-10, 08:30 PM
Soap box time.

Money won't bring someone back, but its possible to support a family when, for example, the chief bread earner is lost. Mind you, you could argue insurance from the other angle - if the unfortunate victim really cared about their family, they'd have life insurance. Its also possible to pursue a private claim against the driver, but this is obviously a lot harder than an insurance claim. And, lest we forget, there's the MIF - Motor Insurance Fund - which is designed to cover things like this.

Also the "uninsured drivers cost you more on your insurance", whilst true, isn't as bad as you may think. Sure, it costs each of us £15-£30 a year to cover the payments into the MIF, but how much of your 17 year old kid's £2,000 policy is due to young drivers being greater risk? I can guarantee you its a damned sight more than £30.

Not so; some people do choose their car by taxation and other costs. Ok, so they're usually old and boring and looking at diesel modeos and vectras etc, but the number of times I've heard people ask me "and how much does THAT cost to tax/insure/run?"...

How many threads are going to be spawned from that insurance one that was locked? lol

Tony M
13-01-10, 09:50 PM
I thought the motor insurance bureau take over from there? As long as the other party is known? We all pay towards the fund for non-insured drivers through our own insurance premium.

Hobbit
13-01-10, 10:35 PM
Was a few years ago, cant remember details but I know he didnt get anything off them

DAFTJOHN
14-01-10, 09:44 AM
I had this debate with my mate.

Man driving along a road at 30, kid runs out and bang dead! Driver all legal, so is let to go - kid still dead.

Man driving along a road at 30 had bottle of bud before jumping in the car, kid runs out and bang dead! Driver all legal, so is let to go - kid still dead.

Man driving along a road at 30 had 4 pints, kid runs out and bang dead! Driver jailed - kid still dead.

The end is still the same, the kid just never looked. The drinking had no effect on the actual event.

What's your views

Southie
14-01-10, 09:46 AM

Man driving along a road at 30, kid runs out and bang dead! Driver all legal, so is let to go - kid still dead.

Man driving along a road at 30 had bottle of bud before jumping in the car, kid runs out and bang dead! Driver all legal, so is let to go - kid still dead.

Man driving along a road at 30 had 4 pints, kid runs out and bang dead! Driver jailed - kid still dead.

The end is still the same, the kid just never looked. The drinking had no effect on the actual event.

What's your views
Don't let your kids play on the road.

Ben
14-01-10, 10:18 AM
Surely the beemer was insured fully comp so he should be able to claim of his insurance for it?

DAFTJOHN
14-01-10, 10:20 AM
Don't let your kids play on the road.

Rep

Southie
14-01-10, 10:43 AM
Rep
Cough http://www.pngclub.com/forum/new3.5/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/reputation.php?p=1437673) :d

DAFTJOHN
14-01-10, 11:14 AM
Cough http://www.pngclub.com/forum/new3.5/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/reputation.php?p=1437673) :d

The man says I must spread the rep before I rep you.....damn that manlol

Southie
14-01-10, 11:27 AM
Not another lol

mowgli
14-01-10, 11:28 AM

What's your views

in this modern age, the man is screwed whatever the outcome.

L14MNP
14-01-10, 11:43 AM
"Hit me at 40 and there's around and 80% chance I'll die. Hit me at 30 and there's around and 80% chance I'll live"

If you weren't playing in the fcuking road in the first place there's a 100% chance you'd live. lol

Stuart
14-01-10, 12:01 PM
but with no insurance you can buy tax, and if you dont have either of those you might aswell not have an MOT, which means that its not checked once a year to see if its "safe", and given the retardedness of most 17yr olds these days they wouldnt know how to check brakes etc anyway.

And as a rough rule of thumb, those who dont bother with tax/mot/insurance arent exactly the most cautious drivers... meaning they are more likely to cause damage of some sort. OK you can argue that insured people do that too but if you took the %age of fully legal folks that do damage vs the %age of those uninsured who do the same I'm sure the uninsured %age would be much much much higher.

Plus If I have to pay the stuff, then so does every other fecker!

mowgli
14-01-10, 12:02 PM
i'm old enough to remember when the advertising was all about teaching the kids how to cross the road safely!!!!

feel free to photoshop for comic effect

http://beanbaglearning.com/images/blog/0000/0029/films_green_x_man.jpg

Jack
14-01-10, 12:07 PM

What's your views
You could argue that if the driver didn't have 4 pints, he may have been more aware of his situation and been able to stop in time.

Hobbit
14-01-10, 12:26 PM
Surely the beemer was insured fully comp so he should be able to claim of his insurance for it?

I'm sure he would've if he was fully comp.

Southie
14-01-10, 12:56 PM
I remember this as a kid lol

http://www.sterlingtimes.org/tufty.jpg

mowgli
14-01-10, 05:06 PM
I remember this as a kid lol

http://www.sterlingtimes.org/tufty.jpg

Green Cross Giant was gay, but tufty was just a puff!!!!!!! who would you trust???? a very large yokel or a squirrel in plimsolls???

Sloth
14-01-10, 07:30 PM
squirrell looks street tough.....

thing is it yet again comes down to the parents. if the kid crossing the road had had a smack round the head by its parents for doing it the first time, it wouldnt do it again. worked for me.

Dar
14-01-10, 08:14 PM
Green Cross Giant was gay, but tufty was just a puff!!!!!!! who would you trust???? a very large yokel or a squirrel in plimsolls???
Useless trivia here. The green cross code man ended up being Darth Vader. So I vote Darth Vader. Plus he's local.

Jack
14-01-10, 09:45 PM
^ FACT

Plus he came to my old school a few times. I've met Darth Vader. Yes, you can touch me.

mowgli
14-01-10, 11:37 PM
Useless trivia here. The green cross code man ended up being Darth Vader. So I vote Darth Vader. Plus he's local.

Luke, oi arm yure farrrther.... funny that he got dubbed by james earl jones innit......

DAFTJOHN
15-01-10, 01:23 PM
You could argue that if the driver didn't have 4 pints, he may have been more aware of his situation and been able to stop in time.

Yep, that could be argued but all being equal bar the 4 pints it didn't actually have an impact on the event.