PDA

View Full Version : Blue/White Smoke

YellowTurbo
30-03-03, 11:38 PM
when i put my foot down i get blue/white smoke come out of my exhaust....not alot....but enough to worry about.

Ben (lurk75)
31-03-03, 12:01 AM
Dosent sound enough for you to have dropped a ring, probably just got some oil in the system where its been moved around whilst you been fitting it.

Give it time to settle and see what happens.

mikeoxford
31-03-03, 12:13 AM
try an oil change as the oil may have thinned itself if its running really hot or whatever

Ben (lurk75)
31-03-03, 12:24 AM
How long was the donor car stood up for before you hacked it apart?

ade
31-03-03, 12:36 AM
I had this - also when I slowed from about 80 to 60 (just lifted foot of gas and it slowed itself) - plume of smoke.

My valves were sticking (so i thought) then cam snapped and rockers shattered (today! :( )

Others on NL thought a piston ring was on way out...

Does it idle eratically?

Ade

YellowTurbo
31-03-03, 10:55 AM
yes....it idles iraactically sometimes and other times its fine...

Ben (lurk75)
31-03-03, 03:53 PM
Why did you say that guy sold you the engine?

ade
31-03-03, 04:28 PM
try changing oil/filter and see if that has any effect - maybe a bit of addative to clean valves.

Run it for a week or so - without ragging it and watch exhaust - could just need a service.

If it still smokes I'd check timing/fuel mix then maybe consider valves/piston rings...

Just take it easy for a week - no hard accelerating...

Keep my fingers crossed for ya m8!

Ade

YellowTurbo
01-04-03, 06:43 PM
I found out today the problem i am having is the car is overfuelling.....need the ECU remapped to account for Power box and De-Cat.......how can i get my ECU remapped do i need the two ECU diag wires on the small plug connected?

Ben (lurk75)
01-04-03, 06:49 PM
For that all you need is any ecotec diagniostics plug and wire them to that, also with this you can have it read by tech 1.

YellowTurbo
01-04-03, 06:54 PM
is that the smaller plug out f the two becuase i didnt bother cutting them two diag wires out of the loom.....it is about 4-5 pins.

Ben (lurk75)
01-04-03, 10:13 PM
I think there Brown/yellow & Brown/white.

They are on the same plug as all the other useful wires eg. temp sensor, fuel pump, rev counter, fault light etc, was 9 wires in plug i think.