PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Astra Engine Into A Nova.

Pete
12-01-10, 09:50 PM
Basically i have a mk3 astra which wont sell :mad: so ive decided to do something with it, take the engine out of it and fit a 1.3 in and use it for autograss racing, but my main thing i need help with is,

What would i need to get/use of the astra to fit it into the Nova?

puss puss
12-01-10, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure that the 1.4 engine your talking about was fitted in Novas, Astras and Corsa's The 1.4 8v engine.

But i dont know what you would need ill make a beginner list and let someone edit/add on lol

Engine
Box
Ecu
Loom

EDIT: what engine was in the nova before hand is it the 1.3 your putting in the astra? If so isnt the 1.3 carb feed?

Am trying to learn lol ^_^

KSRY
12-01-10, 10:16 PM
Is it MPi or SPi, as 1 is slower than the standard Nova 1.4 engine lol

Pete
12-01-10, 10:22 PM
My Nova is a 1L :( and as for the astra i have no idea lol, if anyone can check by the reg then feel free, KGW K38

grasser26
12-01-10, 10:23 PM
Hi-as above-if you're putting the nova 1.3 in a mk3 astra-presuming it's for a class 2 you'll need:carburettor,fuel supply to suit it,distributor and coil.The fuel inj will have to be removed.Double check your regulations-it may be illegal for class 2 as I don't think there was a 1.3 astra mk3.
If you're putting the 1.4 in the nova for a class 5 it depends on what spec you want for the engine-you could leave it on standard inj off the astra but you'll need an external fuel pump and smaller tank and the relevant ecu.A fwd class 5 is unusual nowadays. If you check the engine block as the cyl head face,at the distributor end of the engine it will have an engine code stamped in it-14nz is 60hp,14se is 80hp-the 14se is the mpi engine

Pete
12-01-10, 10:26 PM
My nova isnt goin to be auto, the nova is goin to be road legal, the astra is goin to be auto

puss puss
12-01-10, 10:27 PM
Your nova is a 1l then you will also need an injection tank and fuel pump found from injection novas (example gsi nova) Or you carbing it or something?

grasser26
12-01-10, 10:31 PM
Hi-What autograss class?