PDA

View Full Version : Pics at last !!!!

djp_y2k
30-03-03, 08:08 PM
Got some new pics at last.

Cheers to everyone that helped.

will most probably need more help as there is still a lot of work to go.

This is officially a Novaload exclusive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again everyone.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=567

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=568

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=569

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=570

Anton
30-03-03, 08:13 PM
what size wheels are they?

Looks awesome mate, very original :D

djp_y2k
30-03-03, 08:16 PM
I just went for 19's in the end.

I think they still look quite small though.

I'm not going to change unless they made the same wheel in 20's.

I think they suit the car down to the ground. have to be seen in the flesh to them in the glory.

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 08:17 PM
8) :D VERY NICE

was really awaiting these pics, as everyone talks about it.........

what engine is it?

Fester
30-03-03, 08:17 PM
that is absolutely MAD!

a credit to you, top job m8

it still retains the original 'novaness' i think

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 08:25 PM
that is absolutely MAD!

a credit to you, top job m8

it still retains the original 'novaness' i think

agreed

you can tell its a nova still, but again its very original and very well thought

love the way you blended the skirts, upwards on to the car, then into the door, think thats gr8

and as for the rear lights 8)

what have you done to the grille / lights? they new ones?

Nova-Flair
30-03-03, 08:33 PM
usually i hate heavily kitted novas but thats fookin awesome. :o

well done m8 keep up the good work!

Ben (lurk75)
30-03-03, 09:06 PM
Well...

It looks good, you know my feelings on the kitted nova but i think that its a credit to you.

The other funny thing is, i know exactly were you live as i delivered your neighbours leather sofa last year. i can see there house in the first pic.

Well done

Snowface
30-03-03, 09:18 PM
what engine is it?
looks like a 1.6 8v from a gsi.

(It prolly is a GSI car)

Ben (lurk75)
30-03-03, 09:23 PM
Most of the injection models engines look the same.

He is fitting a C20 XE if i remember correctly from previous posts.

(i can see this being a loooong post)

onephatnova
30-03-03, 09:23 PM
very tasty :) :D 8)

techie
30-03-03, 09:26 PM
Im not usualy a big fan of kitted up Nova's tbh much like some others on here.

But I got to say that looks awesome. Looks very well done and lots of original thinking.

Well done.

Tazzy
30-03-03, 09:32 PM
very very nice indeed, what does the bodykit consist of?

jatinder
30-03-03, 09:38 PM
I love the front of the car the whole of it looks wicked nice colour too,

those 19" wheels look too small and i thought my 15" wheels looked big lol :D

Breeny
30-03-03, 10:15 PM
Looks mad!!! They were the wheels i was looking at.. Arospeed ones.

Looks pucka mate really does :D (and you know how much i hate big bumpers and stuff :P) LOL

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 10:20 PM
wheres the electronic openeing for the doors gonna be?

ade
30-03-03, 10:25 PM
M8 - that is absolutely stunning!

What colour did you go for (shade of yellow I mean)

Ade

Rick Draper
30-03-03, 10:27 PM
That is one very nice nova, looks so much better than another shed we all know of on 19's Rick

Tilly
30-03-03, 10:36 PM
Nice one

Car looks sweet and the colour suits it to

elsey197
30-03-03, 11:58 PM
very nice love the colour and the front end.
wheres the rear no. plate gonna go?

whitey
31-03-03, 12:46 AM
VERY nice mate! Like the lights and the doors! A very impressive all round car id say!

Anything you wish you had done *slightly* differently?? Except for maybe 20's??

Neil.
31-03-03, 01:21 AM
fooking hell mate, i love this car, love the lights!
Just a few q's,

:arrow: How long has it taken you,
:arrow: how much has it cost for the body styling alone, not including wheels ect,
and
:arrow: are u happy with it?

?Marty?
31-03-03, 02:28 AM
Love it. :D

linzTDI
31-03-03, 09:09 AM
That has got to be the maddest meanest nova i ever seen :o

Jim
31-03-03, 09:26 AM
Thats pretty f*****g awesome. All credit to you for coming up with original mods. It is funny how the wheels look small for the car. I'm sure it'll look better and in proportion when you see it in the flesh.

Nice One.

Jim

novamark
31-03-03, 09:31 AM
class mate, love everything on it.

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 12:14 PM
lol

I was expecting loads of replies saying that you didnt like it.

The wheels do look bigger when seen in the flesh, but still look quite small.

The grill is a mk3 astra one, lights out of a seat arosa.

As for the engine its standard ( the car is a gte)

I may change it for a 2.0l 16v but it wont be for a while if I do.

It has taken over a year to do, had it off the road nearly 2 years though.

Spent way to much money, and yea i am happy with it.

There are slight things I want to change, so I am going to do that once i've got it back on the road.

Number plate is going on the right side of the rear bumper, it was designed so that it will sit there.

Glad a lot of you like it.

Cheers

Dan

olly55
31-03-03, 12:54 PM
love it m8!!

looks gud, love the rear end, wat zorst u goin 4? stil lhavin twin dp bak boxes?

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 01:00 PM
yea still keeping the dp motorsport back boxes.

I'm goin to try and fit them sometime next week if poss.

wisewood
31-03-03, 01:12 PM
I cant believe nobody mentioned the pods for the lights!!! wicked!!!!

all the build pics of this car i decided i would hate it BUT I DONT - i love it!!!

Cara
31-03-03, 02:21 PM
your car is lush :)

linzTDI
31-03-03, 02:21 PM
you heard anything about your car yet Cara?

Cara
31-03-03, 02:26 PM
its been wrote off :cry:

linzTDI
31-03-03, 02:31 PM
So you aint gettin it back :cry:

Cara
31-03-03, 02:33 PM
yeah i still got it. only tpft so its mine still insurance wont take it.plus the damage isnt that bad it'd just cost over a 1/3 of what its worth so im havin it fixed. as soon as they say it was the other guy's fault i'll have ?2,200 to fix it. it wont cost that much so i'll have some spare for my alloys :)

linzTDI
31-03-03, 02:38 PM
oh well that a Bonus! :D

Ben (lurk75)
31-03-03, 03:38 PM
I have to agree with wisewood, as when it is being built i decided that i thought it was gross, btu Dan is sound and has listened and appreciated others views all the way through and am just glad that you are pleased with the final outcome.

I must admit that all though i wouldnt drive it to the shops to buy some bread, it looks quality for a show car. It will also be good for others to see that Novas arent all washed out and finished and that people can bring new life into them.

novamark
31-03-03, 03:48 PM
its good that u did the car on the ideas that you have thought of and what u changed and modified to make it look good in ur eyes. i think it is quality. wheels look plenty big enough i think.

RobIsGrt18
31-03-03, 05:27 PM
yep very nice m8, credit to ya for the hard work u must of put in!

i love the rear light pod's !! look sweet as !!

Freak
31-03-03, 05:38 PM
Worth it in the end mate- looks fu*cking mint

Bmw dakar yellow sir.....oooh suits you sir.....;)

Nice

very nice

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 06:58 PM
Cheers wisewood and Ben

Nice to know you hated the car. :lol: :lol:

As i've always said I know not everyone will like it, but as long as I do thats all that matters.

If other people do, thats even better.

I like to know what people would do different so I can improve or change wots been done.

Couldnt of done that with out you lot.

But I've got to say if i was going to do another nova it would be a Gsi, lowered 60mm on a set of speedline alesio 2, delocked with a few thinds smoothed and a 2.0l 16v

Thats wot a real nova looks like.

Freak, did you mean the colour of mine was bmw dakar yellow.

If you did it is actualy Vw yellow. Looks yellow in some lights, yet lime green in others.

wisewood
31-03-03, 07:02 PM
Cheers wisewood and Ben

Nice to know you hated the car. :lol: :lol:

i never hated it - i just thought i would hate it when it was finished :D
very nice though.

With all the work you have put in i cant really say anything that i would do differently or dont like because it all looks really nice. ALTHOUGH - one thing - i would have a cut out in teh rear bumper for a standard number plate as it would be kinda concealed and being yellow wouldnt stand out much anyway.

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 07:10 PM
Yea. I hadnt realy thought about a recess, but sounds cool. May do something like that if I change it later on.

Will keep it mind for future designs.

I was only joking. I dont mind wot people say as long as they dont slag it off for no apparent reason.

wisewood
31-03-03, 07:19 PM
WELL I THINK ITS RUBBISH!!!
OBVIOUSLY A RUSH JOB AND NO REAL THOUGHT, EFFORT, TIME OR MONEY PUT INTO IT!!!

GET A PROPER JOB DONE YOU LAZY GIT!!!!!!!!!

:D

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 07:21 PM
:lol: :lol:

Cheers

Ian
31-03-03, 07:21 PM
proper smart, well done.

ps just wait til its on the road and bits break and get damaged and u have to fix things then youll wish u had done a gsi lmao

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 07:24 PM
If things break I will be pissed but I

Will just fix it and be on my way.

The only thing I'm worried about is the cost of tyres!

brian
31-03-03, 08:16 PM
looks totally crazy :o
well done on a great finish. :twisted:

Freak
31-03-03, 08:18 PM
Dan..
when you need tyres gimme a shout....i get them@ trade price......(neighbour is a tyre dealer and has "19s (265/35/19) on his brand new M3 cabby..... :twisted: )

Ill sort you out cheap

djp_y2k
31-03-03, 08:36 PM
wicked!

Cheers for that freak :D

I hope I wont need any tyres for a while.

locky
31-03-03, 09:04 PM
Dan, have the mags been informed yet? or is there any more 2 be done?
This will almost certainly get a feature! i think your car is really cool!
And wot a colour!!!!!

techie
31-03-03, 09:43 PM
Its a cover car for sure.

Really what the main modding scene is all about at the moment. Lots of custom car mods.

Whats the plans for the interior?

ade
31-03-03, 10:26 PM
Dan - VW yellow - which shade? I remember your earlier posts (that went on for like 20 pages) trying to work out wot colour you were gonna do it!

Interior needs to be as mentalist as the exterior - you cannot insult the car by sticking in the standard dash!

It cries for bucket seats (black and yellow) with a full dash make ove, mom steering wheel, and a sweet set of ice in a custom build in the back.

Can you actually open the boot? And would you bother too?

Also - if there was one thing I would change it would only be the rear bumper. Its a little too "calm" compared to the rest of the car. Then agaoin I aint seen the exhaust youve got planned for the centre section. I presume thats where its going...

Ade

Jim
31-03-03, 10:39 PM
Are you only running one wing mirror? I can't see one on the passenger side. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just happened to notice it.

Jim

Neil.
01-04-03, 12:15 AM
dont wanna be the sour grape in the bunch but just wondering if those lights are legal etc n did u have to do any research if their ok for nova?

?Marty?
01-04-03, 01:01 AM
Sorry Ade, have to disagree on the rear bumper. I think it looks great and really matches the rest of the car, the angles etc.

Also, i think we will probably see a lot of copy-cat tailgates with 'focus' light pods like that now. As for legality, as long as they shine the correct colours (and u stick two red reflectors on somewhere for mot) then there's no probs whatsoever.

Has to be my fave nova of all time this one.

Neil.
01-04-03, 01:10 AM
i can see alot of copy cats too.

whitey
01-04-03, 01:59 AM
Yeah deffo a feature car! Stick it in a mag! ALWAYS looks good when/if you sell it to some faggot!

Give em all an email when its finished or now and they WILL wanna know! Then tell the faggots like revs to fcuk off! HAHAHA

ade
01-04-03, 02:27 PM
Marty - I'm not sayig I dont like it - its well smart I just think its very calm compared to the rest of the car. Then on reflection theres a lot going on at the top part (lights, stonking spoiler etc) so it actually compliments it well!

And if that centre section is filled with exhaust it will be awesome!

U intenting being at Traxx with it Dan?

Neil.
01-04-03, 06:17 PM
dont forget when u do your mag feture to mension NOVALOAD.NET!!!! get's the word round more!

djp_y2k
01-04-03, 07:32 PM
Cheers everyone.

I have been speaking to revs for over a year.

I just emailed him asking wot colour they roccomended, and asked if they thought it might ever make a feature.

They have helped me out no end over the time, just like u lot. They have said I have cover car with it, so I'm really happy :D :D

Wouldnt even think of trying another mag as the amount of time and effort they have spent helping me.

As for the colour, I'm not sure of the actual shade. I was only told it was vw yellow.

I am planning to go to as many shows as poss, espeacially traxx. I hope we get a novaload meet sorted.

As for copycats. It will annoy me, but also I will be happy coz people obviously like my ideas.

The lenses on the rear lights are all e-marked, so I personlly cant see a problem, will find out when I have the MOT in the next few weeks :roll: :roll:

And no I'm not running one wing mirror, I am still putting the car back together as u can see in the pics.

Interior is having big lary fibre glass install, buckets, full cage, not sure about dash yet though. :?:

mikeoxford
01-04-03, 09:53 PM
Interior is having big lary fibre glass install, buckets, full cage, not sure about dash yet though. :?:

glad to see your going to do the car justice and not let it down inside......

onephatnova
01-04-03, 10:18 PM
I hope we get a novaload meet sorted.

we got one this sunday in sheffield... :D

but maybe thats too soon for you, if its not yet fully finished!? if so i'm sure they'll be more after that, there's a few being talked about at the mo... (Birmingham, South West, Summer Weekender, etc.)

i cant wait to see this car in Rev's :D and in the flesh... :D

MattyWoo
01-04-03, 10:25 PM
Dont rule out another MK meet :D

Neil.
01-04-03, 11:56 PM
there's always a MK meet, coz everone lives there!

djp_y2k
02-04-03, 12:22 PM
Doubt I would be able to make the shefield meet.

Will deffo try for the others.

Make sure the weekender gets sorted as that should be wicked.

whitey
02-04-03, 03:21 PM
What u doin bout the dehandled doors for the MOT?

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 03:30 PM
2 questions,

1: does the boot open?

2: the total flush boot is the dogs danglers, how much did it cost?

bfuller
02-04-03, 03:54 PM
Love it mate, Really nice

nova302
02-04-03, 03:57 PM
You done a good job on that. Its definately different thats for sure and i like it. That astra Grille, was it hard to fit on or did it just go straight into the place of the old nova grille?

djp_y2k
02-04-03, 07:42 PM
The doors will be fine, as there are buttons under the mirrors.

They work just like a handle would except you push the button. Its already passed one MOT with already done.

Yea the boot does open. Not sure how much it cost, as I was charged for everything together, not separately.

The grill fits straight on basically. It was modded slightly to fit round the lights though.

I have got some insurance at last, everything was declared, including full rollcage.

Its fully comp, I've got 1 NCB, no piont/convictions, and its garaged. Oh and I will be 21 when it is taken out.

Have a guess At the price?

I was gob smaked!!!

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 07:46 PM
i reckon from your reply it was cheap.......? (insurance)

and the grille is identical just clips in??

NOVAS RULE
02-04-03, 08:42 PM
WOW that is one sweet looking car def needs a feature in Maxp of fast car

WiLkO
02-04-03, 11:10 PM
absolutly crazy !! love it !!

krobinson
03-04-03, 11:01 PM
I hate silly kitted novas with a passion...

But you've shut me up on this one, thats done very well and looks feckin amazing...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Neil.
04-04-03, 12:22 AM
ummmm, ?900???
could u tell me in a pm roughly how much the body styling was, and the wheels? sorry im just nosey n want to know what u have to spend to get a car like that? :oops:

djp_y2k
04-04-03, 06:10 PM
Yea the insurance was just under ?900.

Thats cheaper than my renewal quote when the car was standard.

I was expecting around the ?2000 mark, so you can guess how surprised I was when they quoted me that.

I have made a start on the install today. Should look alright when its finished I hope.

One question, shall I spray the install the same colour as the car, or another colour?

?Marty?
05-04-03, 12:22 AM
Depends on what colour the dash/interior is gonna be.

A contrastic colour could be good, but so would the same as the bodywork.

Doesn't really matter too much to be honest.

Neil.
05-04-03, 01:03 AM
contast colour i recon, nothing too outragess tho!

ade
05-04-03, 12:29 PM
Interior - go for carbon effect - greys and chrome, althracite, velour etc... nowt too over the top - Audi TT style - subtle but stylish - dont wanna detract from the exterior.

Roof and frame trims in alacantera or napa (like suede but cheaper)! All althracite/gun metal 8)

So how much you spent so far and wot u do for a living? That must have cost you a bomb to put together to date...

Ade

djp_y2k
05-04-03, 06:34 PM
If I was to build it from scratch it would cost me around 10 - 12K (not including stereo), but it has cost more coz I have done it up twice.

I'm an apprentice engineer, so I only earn about ?150 a week. My social life over the last two years has consisted of mainy early nights and saturday, not much drink, but lots of sums and time spent working out wot to do to the car.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will have to find some material, as I need to cover all the old gray trim pieces.

Cheers

Peeps

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 04:05 AM
djp mate im sure when it comes to retrims or whatever you decide ade will be able to lend a hand because i remember his big ades diary write up and he made a great job of his motor

mikesri
06-04-03, 10:34 AM
:o :o :o FCUKIN HELL!!!!!! This is the first time i've looked at this post.

Your car is fcukin sweet as!!! I love that rear end and the wheels suit the car down to the ground. Theres nothing i would personally change if my car looked like that cos it looks just perfect!

:arrow: What's the bonnet going to look like??? Any scoops?

I need a Nova
06-04-03, 11:09 AM
usually i hate heavily kitted novas but thats fookin awesome. :o

well done m8 keep up the good work!

I agree, normally i hate bodykits, but that looks the bollocks, are they pillar mounted boost gauges for the rear light shrouds?

djp_y2k
06-04-03, 07:04 PM
The bonnet has a large vent in it and has had a carbon fibre skin put over the top.

Will be picking it up friday hopefully.

The rear lights were made from some metal tubing.