PDA

View Full Version : Doin my head in this noise!

j00mes
12-01-10, 04:49 PM
Right ladies and gentlemen i need your help/expertise! My 1.2 nova has developed a tank'in noise over the last 3 to 4 months and is getting LOUDER. It only happens on idle or when starting off in 1st thru to 2nd.
I brought it to one guy who said it mullered an that the little end bearings had gone! Oh dear i thought.....
So i thought i would bring it to another guy for a 2nd opinion and he said it was mechanically sound, thought it mite need new alternator belt in a while at most.
You can see my frustrations in mechanics at this moment in time, have any of you had a similar noise and what was it? What could it be? It doin my head in :tard:

dougie_boi
12-01-10, 05:07 PM
Right ladies and gentlemen i need your help/expertise! My 1.2 nova has developed a tank'in noise over the last 3 to 4 months and is getting LOUDER. It only happens on idle or when starting off in 1st thru to 2nd.
I brought it to one guy who said it mullered an that the little end bearings had gone! Oh dear i thought.....
So i thought i would bring it to another guy for a 2nd opinion and he said it was mechanically sound, thought it mite need new alternator belt in a while at most.
You can see my frustrations in mechanics at this moment in time, have any of you had a similar noise and what was it? What could it be? It doin my head in :tard:we would need to hear it upload a video mate

paddy138
12-01-10, 06:21 PM
take your alternator belt off and see if it goes away, if it goes away its either alternator or belt, ot else take it to a decent mechanic,