PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 to 1.3 sr

sleighty
30-03-03, 05:14 PM
i have a 1.2 nova with full novadose bodykit twin light conversion + i have a 1.3 sr standard...

i want the power of the sr so is it possible just to take the head off the sr and put it on my 1.2 or would i have to change the gearbox aswell?

would the brakes need changing?

+ would it give me the same power as my sr is now? :?

Aragorn
30-03-03, 06:22 PM
just the head would make it go slower as your lower the compression ratio

u'd need the entire engine - infact if u used the 1200 head on the 1300 but kept the 1300 inlet manifold and carb u'd gain some power since the compression would rise

either gearbox will work so if they are both 5 speeds then dont bother although sometimes its easier to change the lot in one go

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 07:13 PM
either gearbox will work so if they are both 5 speeds then dont bother although sometimes its easier to change the lot in one goTO RIGHT!

although it is possible, just to disconnect the engine exhaust manifold, rear engine mount, and gearbox mount, lower the one end of engine down on jack, and change gearbox through the wheel arch and under the car, ive done this twice now

sleighty
30-03-03, 07:41 PM
if i put the 1.2 head on the 1.3 sr engine to increase compression would it effect anything in a bad way?

+ would i have to tell the dvla or my insurance?

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 07:58 PM
you SHOULD tell your insurance BUT

TBH you cant tell the difference! if ur a bit dogy, then dont tell them.

if your as straight as a die then tell them.........