PDA

View Full Version : problems with wheel spinnin

mel1
30-03-03, 03:47 PM
every time im turning and see a good gap in traffic and try to get a quick get away the fappin car allways spins, can eny one help.apart from get a lighter foot maybe some thing to do with antie roll bars or sumat

Ben (lurk75)
30-03-03, 04:32 PM
How long you been driving?

How long you had the car?

There is nothing really that creates extra wheel spins, and the example you have described is you just being over zealous with your accelarator pedal.

Just build it up more steady rather than trying to rush in the gap.

You will have adapt your driving style to match the car.

Stuart
30-03-03, 06:02 PM
give me two weeks and ?5K you can have a traction control system lmao

the nos boy
30-03-03, 07:16 PM
:D i have heard that nos does a thing that reduces wheel spin but i think u hav to hav nos :cry:

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 07:53 PM
as ben says really

you need to put the power out slowly and progresively

once the wheels have caught and made traction with the raod, then accelerate, more and more progressively, dont dump all the power out in one go, as this gives the results your seeing!

mel1
30-03-03, 09:40 PM
thanks for the info i know how to pull away cleanly just thawt maybe some one may have come up with something but there you go i was wrong so shoot me

mel1
30-03-03, 09:45 PM
i have heard that nos does a thing that reduces wheel spin but i think u hav to hav nos

what is nos

Fester
30-03-03, 09:57 PM
NOS is a brand that mates nitrous oxide kits

so refering to nitrous as 'nos' is like calling all cars with lowered suspensions as having 'konis' irrespective of the brand they have :roll:

that fuckin film has a lot to answer to

ade
30-03-03, 10:15 PM
sounds daft but how much tread u got on the wheels?

If yer wheels are spinning could be down to amount of tread and tyre type

Ade

novashed
30-03-03, 11:05 PM
camber could be out too if its lowered, meaning only inner edge is contacting the black stuff! me had the same probs when i lowered 60mm on 17's

mikeoxford
30-03-03, 11:09 PM
ive had mine set up with negative camber slightly, to induce better steering round the corners

mel1
31-03-03, 06:39 PM
the camber is set to 0 degrees sat strate, wheels have been checked on the computer with lazer everthing is in line,i suspect that all the rubber bush's will need sorting should give me bit more grip tyers are only about 4 months old, its not a big problem just bit anoying some times

thanks

mikeoxford
31-03-03, 06:50 PM
A Quaiffe ATB LSD could be an option depending on your gearbox model..

GSiLuvver
03-04-03, 09:05 PM
Unless you're only spinning one wheel, an LSD will do jack in a straight line. What tyres have you got on it? If they're budget ones, bite the bullet and invest in some decent ones. Avon ZV1's are impressive for the money.

Ben (lurk75)
03-04-03, 10:32 PM
sounds daft but how much tread u got on the wheels?

If yer wheels are spinning could be down to amount of tread and tyre type

Ade

Hopefully none as i expect it would be better to have the tread on the tyres!

nova---chris
04-04-03, 05:07 AM
set of slicks 8)