PDA

View Full Version : what have i done wrong (camera fail)

djbrowney
10-01-10, 07:45 PM
Been down the work shop all weekend cracking on, taking pictures only to realsie the memory card hadnt be saving them, so i took it out gave it a blow and stuck it back, it then started saving the pictures to the card. now when i put the card in the computer it come up with

the following error occured while finding pictures and vidoe's to import

the file name, directory name, or volume lable of santax is incorect

wtf

please under stand i use a hand saw and a hammer, me and technology is a fail full stop :roll:

djbrowney
10-01-10, 07:47 PM
and just to add everything that i had saved on the card previous has now gone !!!

mowgli
10-01-10, 07:48 PM
did you put any flash powder in the tray before you stuck your head under the black sheet???????

djbrowney
10-01-10, 07:49 PM
wtf im sure there is a joke in there somewhere lol

mowgli
10-01-10, 07:53 PM
http://michael-lucas.org/images/Antique%20Camera.jpg

djbrowney
10-01-10, 07:54 PM
before my time im affraid my old mate lol

mowgli
10-01-10, 08:15 PM
please under stand i use a hand saw and a hammer, me and technology is a fail full stop :roll:

cough cough

djbrowney
10-01-10, 08:22 PM
are you going to help me or just pull the piss lol

blue_peg_16v
10-01-10, 08:26 PM
youve been here long enough to know the answer to that browney lol

mowgli
I know feck all about digital cameras, except that when my daughters decided to wash one, I stripped it & got one hell of an electric shock off the flash unit...

I guess the memory card connection was not very good, or the temperature has caused a circuit malfunction. you might need to buy a new card.

are the photos on the camera memory still safe??

do you not have a lead to connect the camera to the pc??

djbrowney
stupid question really lol

mowgli
10-01-10, 08:27 PM
I know feck all about digital cameras, except that when my daughters decided to wash one, I stripped it & got one hell of an electric shock off the flash unit...

I guess the memory card connection was not very good, or the temperature has caused a circuit malfunction. you might need to buy a new card.

are the photos on the camera memory still safe??

do you not have a lead to connect the camera to the pc??

how about telling us what make & model of camera it is.......

djbrowney
10-01-10, 08:29 PM
its a samsung l200 and a secure digital 1gb card

mowgli
10-01-10, 08:33 PM
so its a phone........ well, you could bluetooth them over if you have a dongle, or via a usb charger lead. have you had trouble with the memory card before?

djbrowney
10-01-10, 08:35 PM
no its a camera lol, samsung dont just make phone's lol

i have sorted it now, i re formated the memory card lost all the pictures but wtf !

cheers anyway

mowgli
10-01-10, 08:38 PM
sorry, it took your answer to be a capital I not a lower case L...my bad. sorry about your images going south.. what were you actually doing to the car??

djbrowney
10-01-10, 08:43 PM
it been stipped to a bare shell, made some stands to sit the other one on and fitted the spit to the white on so it now upside down lol, had an awsome picture of removing the engine :( engine, box, shafts, hubs, legs bottom arms, tie bars, rad, water hoses, header tank all still attached boo hoo never mind lol

Plug
10-01-10, 08:53 PM
hope you didnt damage the engine :) had a look about a pallet mate?

djbrowney
10-01-10, 08:59 PM
na mate pm me your addy so i can see for you, its sat on a pallet, you can even have the coolant with it lol

i have taken the legs of though because it wouldnt fit on the pallet lol

mowgli
10-01-10, 08:59 PM
interweb palletline or similar... go to a builders merchants & ask the yard man to give/sell you some clingwrap...

when I first did a nova engine out I dropped it on the ground & put two bits of wood up the bumper bracket holes & me & my mate wheelbarrowed the shell out of the way & then onto the replacement engine in a matter of seconds.

blue_peg_16v
10-01-10, 09:02 PM
lol got to love ease of engine swaps in novas

Jack
10-01-10, 09:02 PM
Was going to ask if the card had been formatted prior to use.

I would take some test shots just to make sure its working properly. How are you taking images off the cam, with the supplied Samsung software, or just sticking the lead in and treating it like a memory stick?

djbrowney
10-01-10, 09:04 PM
interweb palletline or similar... go to a builders merchants & ask the yard man to give/sell you some clingwrap...

when I first did a nova engine out I dropped it on the ground & put two bits of wood up the bumper bracket holes & me & my mate wheelbarrowed the shell out of the way & then onto the replacement engine in a matter of seconds.

i will just go into jewsons and do my do'as'you'likey job lol

they so easy it unreal :cool:

mowgli
10-01-10, 09:10 PM
jewsons are not very good round this area..... I try to avoid them if poss, i ni-- err acquire my cling wrap off buildbase.. I keep the bloke talking whilst turning the gas tap off on the calor bottle. .while he's trying to work out whats going on, i get a roll from behind his seat.... works for me.

djbrowney
10-01-10, 09:20 PM
jewsons are not very good round this area..... I try to avoid them if poss, i ni-- err acquire my cling wrap off buildbase.. I keep the bloke talking whilst turning the gas tap off on the calor bottle. .while he's trying to work out whats going on, i get a roll from behind his seat.... works for me.

ah jewsons awsome round this way, my local one lets me load the van up my self, go inside and tell them what i have put in the van big big big mistake lol