PDA

View Full Version : e16se wiring loom into corsa sport?

comptoncj
10-01-10, 07:30 PM
Has anyone done this as I'm going to attempt it soon jus wondered if anyone could shed any light on where to start? I know the 1.4 ecu is in the kick panel. any advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers
Chris

shed-on-wheels
10-01-10, 07:39 PM
hi fella ive done this and had to leave the nova ecu in the engine bay rapped up in a plastic bag, you have a fuel pump wire(red/blue) ignition live (thin black) constant live which goes on to the battery (thick red) and all the other wires are a matter of colour coding on to the corsa loom :)

comptoncj
10-01-10, 07:44 PM
hi fella ive done this and had to leave the nova ecu in the engine bay rapped up in a plastic bag, you have a fuel pump wire(red/blue) ignition live (thin black) constant live which goes on to the battery (thick red) and all the other wires are a matter of colour coding on to the corsa loom :)

Ahh right well ive basically gutted the corsa's managment loom when i took the x14xe out, Im left with the loom that does the starter, alternator and speed sensor etc. do i need the managment loom at all?

Cheers

blue_peg_16v
10-01-10, 08:20 PM
seems a backward step to me the 14xe is alot more tunable i know of a rally car on carbs with a 1.4 xe running 180bhp obviously alot of work done to it but with mild mods will easily match the 1.6 your fitting and the engine is alot younger

comptoncj
10-01-10, 08:23 PM
seems a backward step to me the 14xe is alot more tunable i know of a rally car on carbs with a 1.4 xe running 180bhp obviously alot of work done to it but with mild mods will easily match the 1.6 your fitting and the engine is alot younger

Im running 1.6 turbo chap :)

blue_peg_16v
10-01-10, 08:24 PM
ah well ok the and no you dont need any of the xe engine loom

comptoncj
10-01-10, 08:25 PM
ah well ok the and no you dont need any of the xe engine loom

Oki Doki, Il have a look at it when i next go in the workshop might put the loom in the corsa bay and see what will end up where hehe.

blue_peg_16v
10-01-10, 08:28 PM
no need to bag the nova ecu its designed to be under the bonnet thats were it is on a nova

comptoncj
10-01-10, 08:35 PM
Ahh I see cheers for info :)