PDA

View Full Version : what are good cams for nova gte 8v??

novajimgte
10-01-10, 05:13 PM
What are good cams to put in a nova gte and pritty cheap
im looking for more exceleration to;)
thanks..

comptoncj
10-01-10, 05:15 PM
Have a look on kent cams website chap, the right cam will give you more grunt but would be even better with a remap, have you got anything else done to your GTE?

novajimgte
10-01-10, 05:24 PM
iv only lowered it 80mm on coilovers 4 brance manifold air filter and exuast system. stripped out and cobra bucket seats
thanks mate

burgo
10-01-10, 05:26 PM
well for a start you only want one cam for an 8v

craig green
11-01-10, 03:35 PM
I had a piper fast road cam in my GSi. It didnt make a huge difference tbh, it certainly sounded a lot deeper though. The std cam is quite good tbh. The best air filter method for power is a modded airbox with a larger air feed from the front. You can slacken the spring in the AFM & also open the top of the AFM & adjust the potentiometer to move a touch further along the contact, but be really slight in your adjustments on these 2.

Where are you from Jim??

novajimgte
11-01-10, 04:06 PM
thats what i done because i put a k and n on and it gave me loads of dead spots but the standard air filter with a few holes and a tube strait to the grill made quite a difference. i dint know you could adjust the air flow metre tho thanks for that mate. im from somerset around the yeovil area.

craig green
11-01-10, 04:10 PM
Yeovil, OK, I'm in Bridgwater. Theres a few of us scattered about the SW, 2 other in Yeovil infact. Join up.

As for the AFM, take the lid off it & ave a look. But only tweek it slightly, you'll see what I mean. You will need to cut through a plastic cover to do the potentiometer mod under the lid.

novajimgte
11-01-10, 06:01 PM
whos the 2 in yeovil mate they got novas?

blue_peg_16v
11-01-10, 07:28 PM
theres a 3.0 v6 one round there.

Stuart
11-01-10, 09:56 PM
screw "names" ie fast road, race, homo, revvy for cams.

look at something as a Kent AST2 as the minimum of any "point" to fit, the piper BP300, or a catcams 306 degree jobbie.

note you will ideally need aftermarket management to cope though.... cams that the ecu can cope with are pretty pointless imho