PDA

View Full Version : Z16XEP Questoins......

sri888
10-01-10, 01:37 AM
hi all im thinkin off buyin a Z16XEP...... just wanted 2 ask a few things;)

1) is this engine suitable for a nova :confused:

2) is this simular to the x14xe & x16xe eco tec engines.

3) are the heads simular too the x14xe & x16xe engines.

4) an wot modifyin opitions are thier for this engine........

5) is thier any opition off usin the 8 valve head ???....

would like too her all the opitions etc.......:thumb:

thanks james

Plug
10-01-10, 01:58 AM
1) as far as i know this conversion hasnt been done,

2) iirc the engine mounts are a whole differant setup to the novas. so no not the same as the x16xe

Gunny has fitted a corsa vxr engine to his nova and had to fabricate all his own mounts,

tbh you would be better off fitting a c/x16xe as its a straight swap as long as you get everything required.

Why would you want to put an 8v head on a 16v engine?? that puzzles me tbh

sri888
10-01-10, 02:10 AM
hi basicly im after a bullet proof engine:) ...... ive heard c14se bein converted with a 16 valve head. an i was shocked..... didn't think the c14se block would survive the pressure as its not designed for a 16valve head.

but i am finkin of a 16 valve block an 8 valve head....... just to see if will be any better than a standard c14se.... i want 2 build a engine that could cope with alot of stress an high-revvin involved :thumb: .... so im also thinkin of changin the conrods too;) .... realy want too put this in actoin see wot BHP is possible:d

thanks james

Plug
10-01-10, 02:13 AM
redtops are pretty bullet proof engines mate you should chuck one of them in.

Depending on budget there known for 300Bhp but thats a hell of alot of cash for that tbh

sri888
10-01-10, 02:26 AM
i have thought about it mate. an usin the old astra gte 8v engine too..... but then i fink the poor old nova shell :cry: i dont like sein them gettin stressed and twisted etc....... doesnt matter how much platin u use the shell will still be stressed. then u have the brakin issue... an the wieght !!! thats y wieght its a huge issue i want it too b light an be reali reliable.... an also something that will stop. also handlin is a huge concern too thats why im stickin 2 a small block :d im sure the right person can do this.... jus need experimentin:thumb:

Plug
10-01-10, 02:34 AM
your on about big power figures and reliablity they dont go in the same sentance.

maybe go for the x18xe1 1.8 small block same as the x16xe etc,

im sure that engine with a set of throttlebodys and cams etc,etc would go pretty well

sri888
10-01-10, 03:03 AM
i have not seen many x18xe convertoins done.... thats y i sctrach my head.... surley thiers a reason they avoid this route. i also notice alot these engines reali cheap:) no1 wants them.... does any 1 know how much this engine wiegh's ? an would a x18xe mate up to a f13 box :confused:

Plug
10-01-10, 03:08 AM
its the x18xe1 thats the small block iirc.

check out peesters project thread as he has fitted one.

you scratch your head at the x18xe (same as fitting the x14/16xe) but your willing to fit the z16xep which ive never seen in a nova and dont think anyone has tryed

sri888
10-01-10, 03:18 AM
i thought the x18xe block is the same as a x20xe 2.0 eco tec ? or am i wrong. reali if ive seen more opitions on tunin this engine i may consider it... but its lookin slim!!! i have not sin much available this engine soo far..........
i like the idea of usin 1.4 or 1.6 tho..;)

garyc
10-01-10, 11:23 AM
the C14Se engine is pretty good, stock rods etc use them with standard cranks and rods up to 8500rpm, Class 5 lads use them fully modified, dry sumped, fuel injected etc not sure of the HP on them 150-170 I guess.

mowgli
10-01-10, 11:37 AM
all gm 16v engines (up to the last couple of years) are based on the old 8v bottom ends with 16v heads added much later in their production lives

the pistons are different to match the different valve angles etc.

a 1400 8v block will handle just as much force as a 1400 16v block..

the only real differences are where sensors have been put.

fitting a much newer engine brings too many problems with the electronics, unless you are going to fit an aftermarket ecu, which sort of ruins the idea a bit..