PDA

View Full Version : LET Conversion Kit.

C2VXL
09-01-10, 12:12 AM
Hi,

Last week i contacted Chris Astley and tried to order the strengthin kit and conversion kit. He Replied saying he didn't have any in stock and to try again at a later date. I went onto his website and it's not there anymore. E-Mailed him with no reply.

Basicaly i'm wanting to know where to get a decent chassis kit and conversion kit from at a similar price?

P.S I'm running a F20 - Can i just the XE conversion kit? The same?

Thanks.

blue_peg_16v
09-01-10, 12:26 AM
Hi,

Last week i contacted Chris Astley and tried to order the strengthin kit and conversion kit. He Replied saying he didn't have any in stock and to try again at a later date. I went onto his website and it's not there anymore. E-Mailed him with no reply.

Basicaly i'm wanting to know where to get a decent chassis kit and conversion kit from at a similar price?

P.S I'm running a F20 - Can i just the XE conversion kit? The same?

Thanks.

xe kit is the same if running the f20 lmf do both kits plates and mounts etc they maybe more expensive than chris but they normaly have them on the shelf and there have been quite a few bad reports on chris recently so id steer clear personaly

there is also this kit on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-2-0-ENGINE-CONVERSION-MOUNT-KIT-C20XE-LET_W0QQitemZ160389417434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2557f449da

and harry horlock do the strengthening kits

C2VXL
09-01-10, 12:27 AM
i did notice the kit on ebay but wasn't too sure about them. They been used before?

blue_peg_16v
09-01-10, 12:36 AM
to be fair i think id go to lmf the rear mount spacer in that kit is onlt 2 holes and you could realy do with the 3 hole one for a let, i posted that as it will do the job and is a cheaper option, but for peace of mind and quick delivery id use lmf personaly

C2VXL
09-01-10, 12:40 AM
Ye the LMF one appears to be the dearest one out there but if it's good quality then i don't mind paying it.

So the XE LMF kit will be fine for the let? Shafts and hubs will cope?

blue_peg_16v
09-01-10, 12:43 AM
shafts and hubs are the same the only difference is gearbox mount for the f28 and 2wd conversion kit in there let kits which you dont need if running f20

regal still do them to 399 though

C2VXL
09-01-10, 12:44 AM
There is two possbile conversion kits on LMF. One at 285 and 500. The one at 500 seems to come with less?

blue_peg_16v
09-01-10, 12:47 AM
looking at the lmf kit its 2 hole to on the rear space so same as the ebay kit so not sure which id go for now, lol
probably the cheaper ebay one lol

C2VXL
09-01-10, 12:49 AM
lol...i haven't yet had any dealings with fitting the engine. Why is the holes in the spacer an issue?

blue_peg_16v
09-01-10, 12:55 AM
its the amount of bolts holding it to the rear mount,

as standard big blocks have 3 bolts but small block 2, the spacers on these 2 kits only use 2 bolts, there are spacers that are modified so you can run 3 bolts so stronger and with a let you need all the strength you can get.

ive heard stories of the 2 bolt ones being riped off of xes let alone lets but then i also know a bloke who runs a 250 bhp xe in a grass track car and has never had a problem

again its peice of mind

C2VXL
09-01-10, 12:58 AM
Ok mate. Think you've made my mind up for me. Like you said a piece of mind.

I'll go for the LMF one. Thanks for your help bud.

turbo-boy
09-01-10, 09:42 AM
i order a strenghtening kit of chris astley about to months ago and still not got it phoned him a million times he has answered the phone twice and he is telling me there not in stock

pikey1986
09-01-10, 01:06 PM
i order a strenghtening kit of chris astley about to months ago and still not got it phoned him a million times he has answered the phone twice and he is telling me there not in stock

hes not long relocated his business down to cornwall

Dirtydog1
09-01-10, 01:26 PM
astly is ****e mate, dont waste your time get it from elsewhere. im still waiting for bits from november he is a nightmare to get hold of.
from my experience and some others, id never use him again.

Lee H
09-01-10, 08:48 PM
Don't the LMF kits use M-Tech shafts and hubs though? The M-Tech stuff doesn't have the best reputation.

blue_peg_16v
09-01-10, 09:15 PM
yeah its mtec and i did say after looking at the pics i wouldnt bother as rear spacer is only 2 hole, only reason i said lmf is ive bought stuff from them and the have an excelent service unlike chris astley recently, regal and courtney do stuff to my mounts were bought years ago so not had any need to use any of the new companies. shafts came from martin tinker thats how long since it was lol

C2VXL
09-01-10, 11:02 PM
Right...after trying to get hold of Chris Astley i've decided it isn't worth the risk.

The strengthening kit i'll prob buy from Hsrry Hockley.

However still puzzled about what kit i should go for....i don't want to buy one just for the sake of it.

Benn
09-01-10, 11:06 PM
I think LMF use their own shafts now don't they? Where selling them at Pv and Billing they are all machined shafts. Not sure on hubs tho.

If your using a f20 then you only need to mounts. The o/s front and the 3 (i'd use the 3 bolt mount) I wouldn't wanna be paying 500 for a kit tho.

I wouldn't bother with a plating kit, but that's just me.

C2VXL
09-01-10, 11:29 PM
AH!

I can't believe it's such a pain in the **** to get a conversion kit. I'm glad i never ordered from Chris Astley.

Is LMF my only option of a reputable decent kit?

C2VXL
09-01-10, 11:30 PM
Like you say Benn. £500 is a lot for a kit when others are alot cheaper.

Benn
09-01-10, 11:39 PM
CAnt say on their kits have really seen them. LMF them selfs are very very good.

I'd look for 2nd hand shafts tbh. Just buy the mounts new.

C2VXL
09-01-10, 11:43 PM
I've got shafts out my corsa that were great but been told i can't use them.

Benn
09-01-10, 11:49 PM
No, they are too long.

C2VXL
09-01-10, 11:50 PM
Poop.

Benn
09-01-10, 11:51 PM
Start looking in the for sale pages dude.

C2VXL
09-01-10, 11:53 PM
Ok cheers for the help bud. Think i'm going to just get it done and buy the LMF kit which pains me! I'm kinda grippy with £££ ha ha