PDA

View Full Version : i hate trains

dave watson
08-01-10, 10:27 PM
i left my collage in bristol at quater past 12 and got on the half past train to aberdene got past cheltinham spa and near burmingham stoped for ages then finaly got into burmingham with a large delay and they anounced that they were turminating the train and we all got kicked off so i was stuck in burmingham then a train finaly came in then got on it it had to take a huge detuir around burmingham then all went well from there untill i reached sheffield and the driver went so about 30 mins past and it finaly got on the move again until leeds and then we needed another driver and then finaly got into newcastle 5 hours late what a rubish day 9 and a half hours on trains :mad:
Dave

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 10:30 PM
fecking hell mate least you made it back though

mowgli
08-01-10, 10:30 PM
I don't know if you bothered to look out of the window & saw that funny white stuff covering everything????

I can't see how you could have got there any quicker by any other means of transport, apart from a private helicopter

Simon 1867
08-01-10, 10:32 PM
I don't know if you bothered to look out of the window & saw that funny white stuff covering everything????

I can't see how you could have got there any quicker by any other means of transport, apart from a private helicopter

Like it.:thumb:

burgo
08-01-10, 10:32 PM
bIrmingham!!

Benn
08-01-10, 10:33 PM
Me too, they call me names.

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 10:34 PM
to be fair mowgli is right on the other hand though heather went home yesterday doncaster to dorset 250 odd miles and it didnt take any longer as there was no one on the road because of the warnings and all the major roads are clear was straight down the motorway she left at 12 and was home at 4.15

Pistol Pete
08-01-10, 10:36 PM
i left my collage in bristol at quater past 12 and got on the half past train to aberdene got past cheltinham spa and near burmingham stoped for ages then finaly got into burmingham with a large delay and they anounced that they were turminating the train and we all got kicked off so i was stuck in burmingham then a train finaly came in then got on it it had to take a huge detuir around burmingham then all went well from there untill i reached sheffield and the driver went so about 30 mins past and it finaly got on the move again until leeds and then we needed another driver and then finaly got into newcastle 5 hours late what a rubish day 9 and a half hours on trains :mad:
Dave

And breathe...lol

Dont suppose you are studying english at college??!!

mowgli
08-01-10, 10:37 PM
ruff maths but she did 58.8mph average !!!!!!!!

dave watson
08-01-10, 10:37 PM

the snow isnt even that bad until you go up north anyway By north i meen leeds up over

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 10:41 PM
most of it is straight down the motorway theres only about 20miles not on motorway and most of that is national limit major roads,
is a good run really.

mowgli
08-01-10, 10:42 PM
Dave, the workings of a rail network all go horribly wrong when snow freezes... the tracks shrink, the points seize, and there is a knock on effect with the timetables & scheduling of trains. and timetables start on mondays & have a catchup on sundays..

ps. the only trains I go on are when I go up to london & ride the tube

dave watson
08-01-10, 11:03 PM
Dave, the workings of a rail network all go horribly wrong when snow freezes... the tracks shrink, the points seize, and there is a knock on effect with the timetables & scheduling of trains. and timetables start on mondays & have a catchup on sundays..

ps. the only trains I go on are when I go up to london & ride the tube

but none of it was due to weather it was down to a train brakeing down and the signals at burminham been broken coz an engineer cut a wire or summit and drivers changeing

mowgli
08-01-10, 11:07 PM
i bet you were so mad, that you nearly chucked your discount rail card at someone.......

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 11:09 PM
lol

dave watson
08-01-10, 11:09 PM
lol i was prity mad like but happy i am home and how did you no i had a discount rail card and also i am not lookin forword to travelin back down on monday mornin

dave watson
08-01-10, 11:10 PM
and rep for that mowgil that made me laff

mowgli
08-01-10, 11:11 PM
lol i was prity mad like but happy i am home and how did you no i had a discount rail card and also i am not lookin forword to travelin back down on monday mornin

bloody student rail cards..... I was a poor student once, infact, so poor that I got chucked out after the first year

dave watson
08-01-10, 11:12 PM
lol i am onley a student for 2 weeks every 3 month rest of the time i am an apprentice hgv mechanic

mowgli
08-01-10, 11:17 PM
lol i am onley a student for 2 weeks every 3 month rest of the time i am an apprentice hgv mechanic

i am an hgv mechanic too..... as part of my really varied job. our firm does farming, haulage, plant hire & construction.... we have mercs, scanias, a daf, john deeres, jcb's & a few other things. I have only ever had 3 days hgv specific training at bendix's training centre in bristol... the rest i've picked up along the way....

dave watson
08-01-10, 11:19 PM
i work for a MAN main dealer at gateshead bendix is near bristol parkway station isnt it

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 11:20 PM
bendix isnt that washing machines theres ya problem mate lol

mowgli
08-01-10, 11:20 PM
its in a place called kingswood........
we had a man lorry once, bought it for 2 grand, sold it for 6 a month later...

mowgli
08-01-10, 11:21 PM
bendix isnt that washing machines theres ya problem mate lol

if only you knew...............

they are part of a major group that makes a great many things, a bit like bosch.....

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 11:22 PM
ah my stupidity

dave watson
08-01-10, 11:22 PM
its in a place called kingswood........
we had a man lorry once, bought it for 2 grand, sold it for 6 a month later...

ooo mans are rubish lol and rep for the washing machine comment and i go to s and b automotive acadamy they were at pv last year changeing the suspension on an astra and av apearind in total vauxhall a couple of times

Hobbit
09-01-10, 03:02 AM
Bloody fitters... :)

mowgli
09-01-10, 03:27 PM
yup... a fitter & not a mechanic...............

Hobbit
09-01-10, 04:47 PM
:)