PDA

View Full Version : American Hotrod

Iain
08-01-10, 07:02 PM
Got in to this recently since it's showing on freeview (Quest, 7pm weeknights). Build some proper cool stuff. :cool:

novalicous
08-01-10, 07:04 PM
they do build some good stuff but that boyd cottington or watever his name is ,is a complete C O C K lol

auzzy2000
08-01-10, 07:05 PM
they do build some good stuff but that boyd cottington or watever his name is ,is a complete C O C K lolvery true:thumb:

Mike
How wicked is Qeust!

Ive been an avid AH fan from the start!!! Also American Choppers, ****ing ace that programme!

paddy138
yeah some real nice cars, but they get ridiculous deadlines and they all seem to be a bit nuts some times, well worth watching tough, boyd is dead now tough rip think he died in 2008 not 100% sure

paddy138
08-01-10, 07:06 PM
american chopper is good tough the early episodes, but it is totally rubbish now since paulie jnr got the boot and mikey

Iain
08-01-10, 07:07 PM
How wicked is Qeust!

Ive been an avid AH fan from the start!!! Also American Choppers, ****ing ace that programme!
Is that the one with Orange County Choppers? Love that too :d

Who's the weirdo guy that has no facial expressions in American Hotrod? He's a bit scary.

Mike
08-01-10, 07:08 PM
Paul senior FTW lol you see the episode when they changed premises an senior decided to ram his Ford pick up straight thru the warehouse mezzanine floor supports lol lol an then went onto trash his Humvee's gearbox lol lol

Hummer fcuk up> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HCDwqWeZuA
More destruction> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jA0jVoZPQ

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 07:10 PM
they do build some good stuff but that boyd cottington or watever his name is ,is a complete C O C K lol

was a cock is dead now, think his son is a bigger cock though must run in the family

auzzy2000
08-01-10, 07:11 PM

Who's the weirdo guy that has no facial expressions in American Hotrod? He's a bit scary.ye i know the one.really weird cant move his lips when talkinglol

pikey1986
08-01-10, 07:11 PM

Who's the weirdo guy that has no facial expressions in American Hotrod? He's a bit scary.

he had an accident years ago and has several plates in his face, hence the weird look

burgo
08-01-10, 07:12 PM
them fellas do have some proper skills

Iain
08-01-10, 07:13 PM
he had an accident years ago and has several plates in his face, hence the weird look

Now I feel bad :(lol

Mike
08-01-10, 07:15 PM
Yeah they got skills alright, but you cant beat OCC for pure laughts lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_wqKHR_RcQ&feature=related

auzzy2000
08-01-10, 07:18 PM
its on quest now!!

paddy138
08-01-10, 07:19 PM
woohoo just turned over, dwayne is a d i c k

John
08-01-10, 07:20 PM
Fu*k american hotrod, i'm into beetle crisis atm!

auzzy2000
08-01-10, 07:23 PM
woohoo just turned over, dwayne is a d i c kmy thoughts aswell:thumb:

peester
08-01-10, 07:51 PM

is now on the a team in overhaulin

beetle crisis john -which one is it? the late 1303 or the early cal-look one?

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 07:53 PM
he was sacked by boyd for doing wheel designs for foose on the side hence why hes now working for foose

John
08-01-10, 07:58 PM
is now on the a team in overhaulin

beetle crisis john -which one is it? the late 1303 or the early cal-look one?

think it's the second series i've series linked dave, where they follow the Race shack in a kinda americanhotrodstylee! Drag trekker is sweer!

peester
08-01-10, 08:05 PM
yeah thats the earlier cal-rod look style thing, as u say. Jon builds it for his wife.
Tis the better series.
Seen campervan crisis? lol

blue_peg_16v
08-01-10, 08:07 PM
the camper is like a wiker basket when its striped lol

John
08-01-10, 08:09 PM
yeah thats the earlier cal-rod look style thing, as u say. Jon builds it for his wife.
Tis the better series.
Seen campervan crisis? lol

That's the one! Yeah seen the camper van crisis, jeez what a bucket! Didn't much like the blue 1303 they did either lol

Southie
08-01-10, 08:14 PM
The guy who had the crash is awesome at what he does but get loads of grief from Boyd. He actually resembles Ernie a bit (obviously Ernie doesn't have a stoke face).

peester
08-01-10, 08:18 PM
That's the one! Yeah seen the camper van crisis, jeez what a bucket! Didn't much like the blue 1303 they did either lol

lol..
hmm bring on dubfreeze.. first show of the year, start of the summer for me lol
( i live a mile away from where the show i staged)
cant beat a bit of air-cooled

sulphur
08-01-10, 08:24 PM
It's a shame that Boyd and Dwayne are both complete c()cks and their organisation skills are complete shiiite!! Stupid deadlines, and massive builds.

If it wasn't for the skill of the lads, and their dedication that company would've gone well under.

Charlie and Mike have both gone to Foose, can't blame them really.

John
08-01-10, 08:25 PM
lol..
hmm bring on dubfreeze.. first show of the year, start of the summer for me lol
( i live a mile away from where the show i staged)
cant beat a bit of air-cooled

When is it dave, soon?

Mike
08-01-10, 08:25 PM
The sh1te deadlines that they build too are just the same as what I used to work to but with rally car builds, the reason why i walked out of it.

Big_Chap
08-01-10, 08:31 PM
Paul senior FTW lol you see the episode when they changed premises an senior decided to ram his Ford pick up straight thru the warehouse mezzanine floor supports lol lol an then went onto trash his Humvee's gearbox lol lol

Hummer fcuk up> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HCDwqWeZuA
More destruction> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jA0jVoZPQ

Was working in new york in november so had to make the trip to OCC! was bit of a trek but well worth it! No builders were there as it was about 6pm on a saturday but I saw nearly every bike worth seeing except the statue of liberty bike! Got loads of pics etc plus some of the workshop!

Derick-Sport
08-01-10, 10:40 PM
on american hotrod i dont know which series it is but theres a fat young kid who gets job and builds a rat rod that is a death trap haha it is one of the most annoying pieces of television i have watched

brainsnova
08-01-10, 10:54 PM
on american hotrod i dont know which series it is but theres a fat young kid who gets job and builds a rat rod that is a death trap haha it is one of the most annoying pieces of television i have watched

that was blue bear :thumb:

Benn
08-01-10, 10:55 PM

It wasn't a death trap tho. Its something the boss says you should do but its isnt law..

yeah some real nice cars, but they get ridiculous deadlines and they all seem to be a bit nuts some times,

If i was spending the bucks that they do on a huge custom hotrod build, i wouldn't want it rushed like they do.

Biker build off, Southern copper are both better.

brainsnova
08-01-10, 10:57 PM
i like dwane etc especialy this bit lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3FGEZwpZOU&feature=related

mowgli
08-01-10, 11:03 PM
having seen this stuff on discovery.....

1. the crazy deadlines are bullsh!t, they go mads to rush a build thru & have the obligatory major problem at the last second & only just get it done in time....EVERY BLOODY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!
2. then the next week they are building a new project & the unbuilt one from last week is in the corner, and OOOH whats that over there.... its the one you'll see next week...
3. the big problem with american tv is that they have 35 minutes of telly per hour whereas we have 45 minutes per hour, so when discovery uk gets it, they have to repeat 10 minutes of show & try to hide this by hyping up the deadline & problems after every ad break.

4. they do have skills though.

Sloth
08-01-10, 11:22 PM
blue bear now has his own shop iirc.

sulphur
08-01-10, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't trust that f*cker with my wheelie bin.

Benn
08-01-10, 11:51 PM
blue bear now has his own shop iirc.

Does he? I know he went to work some where eles as he's on a different tv show in the back ground..

Most of the rest of people that left or got the "sack" work for Chip Foose.
Jimmy and someone work for Jimmy Shine at So-cal.

He's an awesome building. Watch hard shine, and the hot rob build off if you can.

Hobbit
09-01-10, 03:18 AM
Monster garage is best. Jessie James is well funny.

mayhem
09-01-10, 09:37 AM
american hotrod was cool, but it's from 2005 of something, seen them all a few years ago, boyd is dead now.

i loved that metal guy, roy. that man is fepping ace. also dead btw.

John
09-01-10, 09:54 AM
american hotrod was cool, but it's from 2005 of something, seen them all a few years ago, boyd is dead now.

i loved that metal guy, roy. that man is fepping ace. also dead btw.

i used to lol everytime they filled his styrene cup with gas!

mayhem
09-01-10, 10:17 AM
lol

the man had some serious skill's, very oldschool and slow, but it always was perfect.

Sloth
09-01-10, 10:52 AM
roy was legend, one of the last "proper" fabricators. second to none, i love watching him work.

Welsh Dan
09-01-10, 12:39 PM
Overhaulin' is pretty good with Chip Foose.

ben doodar
09-01-10, 03:00 PM
yh roys was ace reminds me of my old man by his old school panel beating skills.
ive only just started watching american hot rod now its on freeview, would be my dream job to work doing that kind of work in such a well equiped garage.
blue bear was a d1ck, boyd offer to pay to build his own car on top off his wages and he was a right nob. personally i dont mind boyd.

shame its filled with so much cocking about, would be ace if it was more cars n less ****ing about, but i suppose theyve got to try and make it enjoyable for the genrall public to view who have no real interst in cars like we have!