PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 to 1.6

boyle_46
06-01-10, 04:02 PM
as stated in previous post i have a mk1 nova that was a 1.0 litre , i bought agte engine and have it fitted into the car atm , i was wondering if someone could give me some pointers as im a novie i took this on and underestimated the work that will need done , i have the following items here

1.2 spi tank
gte feul pump
gte engine
1.0 shafts

any help on the wireing would be really appreachiated (sp) thanks again Nathan :thumb:

boyle_46
12-01-10, 04:35 PM
bump to the top anyone ?

Damo
13-01-10, 11:13 AM
Right nath you will need

astra MPI intank fuel pump as the gte one is external.
dont know about 1.0 shafts 1.2 shafts definatly fit though.
GTE exhaust system if you have it or a 1.2 onwards will do the job for now.

Wiring is easy.

Think this is how it go's:

black ignition live theres one at the coil but on the 1.0lit its different your best of running it to the cranking live at the ignition switch.

Thick red is battery constant live

blue/red is fuel pump live needs to berun to the tank and connected to the pump plug.

green is rev counter run to the clocks if you have one and match colour for colour.

blue is coolant level you can use your original one that plugged ino your previous engine.

Think thats that mate i may be wrong on somethings but someone will correct me if i am.

hope this helps a little.:thumb:

Damo.

MattBrown
13-01-10, 01:20 PM
Wouldnt that make the coil fire when cranking, and as soon as the key is unflicked, the coil would switch off?

The way I would do it, is go right back to the key switch, and put the coil of the switched live, do not use the wire from the 1.0 coil, as these are 6v, and I think gte's are on 12v?

Adam
13-01-10, 03:33 PM
Cranking live is no good for the coil. Just for something that needs to be live with the ign key in posIII (starter motor)
The ecu needs an ignition live, either a decent thick wire from the fusebox, or from the ignition switch directly as matt said.
Make sure it stays live when you crank though, some ignition lives die when you crank.

And yeah the ignition live on a 1L coil uses a resistor wire, so thats of no use to you

mowgli
13-01-10, 04:58 PM
the resistor wire is the clear one that runs to the ign switch. you need to trace it all the way back to the ign barrel & replace it with a normal wire. this then becomes the ignition +ve feed for the ecu.

it basically replaces how the factory wire fits on the gte

boyle_46
13-01-10, 05:47 PM
cheers il give it a go later weather not the best atm .