PDA

View Full Version : Speed sensor??

16xe_chris
06-01-10, 03:28 PM
What happens if you don't use the speed sensor on the c16xe engine, apart from bringing the ecu light on:confused: (yes southie you were right!! lol )

Does it alter the fuelling or is it more when you come to a stand still e.g. will it stall when you stop driving???

Any help is always welcome :thumb:

Southie
06-01-10, 03:32 PM
:p

Have you tried wiring it in anyway? I know you have a tranX so it won't trigger anyway but it may just need the signal/pulse.

16xe_chris
06-01-10, 03:35 PM
:p

Have you tried wiring it in anyway? I know you have a quaife so it won't trigger anyway but it may just need the signal/pulse.

I haven't bothered yet mate, the light came on after i give it some the other night, it flashed up o2 sensor and speed sensor lol

I'm only worried if i wire it up it will just fuel as if its sat there ticking over lol

Adam
06-01-10, 04:01 PM
Its used for idle speed control. The ecu only adjusts the idle motor when the car is stationary.

It shouldnt really effect much else.

16xe_chris
06-01-10, 04:20 PM
Its used for idle speed control. The ecu only adjusts the idle motor when the car is stationary.

It shouldnt really effect much else.

Cheers for that one Adam, it kept on going a bit lumpy so i was just fidling about with the small idle screw to compensatelol

Adam
06-01-10, 06:42 PM
If you want to stop it cutting out and aint bothered about the ecu light, just unplug the idle stepper motor when its idling at 800-1000rpm(the idle will then permanently stay like that)

16xe_chris
06-01-10, 06:56 PM
If you want to stop it cutting out and aint bothered about the ecu light, just unplug the idle stepper motor when its idling at 800-1000rpm(the idle will then permanently stay like that)

The idle stepper motor just cost me £30:cry: , is that because the brain knows where it was last plugged in at??

Adam
06-01-10, 07:05 PM
Well yeah, if its idling at 900rpm and you then unplug it, obviouisly the motor is left where it last adjusted to... So it should permanently idle at 900rpm