PDA

View Full Version : Mbe management.

SR-Rally
06-01-10, 12:52 PM
Does any one no much about these? I have the ignition only ecu and loom to run twin 40's but been told I can run that ecu for ignition if I'm running a standard injection set up to which will give better response and bit more power. Does this make sense? Or will I have to buy the next ecu up? And would I have to run old ecu for injection side? Thanks

SR-Rally
06-01-10, 12:59 PM
Emmm just thought should this be in elictrical? Let me no is should and il move :)

craig green
06-01-10, 01:15 PM
I see no reason why you couldnt add it to an injection engine like an 8vSE or XE. You'd probably need to leave the dizzy in place so the std Bosche (inj) ECU see's the hall sensor etc, but other than maybe needing a 2nd external crank sensor on say a Motronic XE or bigblock SE, its doable & The MBE being mapped on the car should yield better results. Probably better than any 'chip' could be on an N/A.

SR-Rally
06-01-10, 01:31 PM
Cheers, the engine it will be going on is a 1300 8v with bottom end work and grp a head and corsa A sprint injection system. If this help. How would I wire it in? Run a coil pack and mbe for ignition then keep the dizzy connected up for hall senser and old irmscher ecu for fuel? But no leads off dizzy?

craig green
06-01-10, 01:40 PM
Yeah I guess. Just fit it alongside the Bosch setup. Shouldnt need a coil, you could say off the lugs on the dizzy cap & smooth it over...
I'm not an expert, but it makes sense you could do what I said. I don't know MBE at all to know.

Stuart will be a good person to badger some advice from.

SR-Rally
06-01-10, 01:45 PM
Thanks craig! Will look into it more tonight, would need to fit bottom pulley of a corsa 16v 2 I guess. As the ignition goes of the teeth on that :s if I've been told right

craig green
06-01-10, 01:47 PM
Yeah if you use a Vauxhall crank sensor. An SRi one will be a narrow V, or something from a mk3 astra 16v with no PAS.

An MBE dealer/mapper would be the best advice tbh.

SR-Rally
06-01-10, 02:11 PM
Yeah think il ring alan from pro tec, but feel cheaky as not buying anythin from him bar arp bolts. No what to ask now thanks :)