PDA

View Full Version : My other bit of good news

Steve
05-01-10, 07:35 PM
Well I was pretty happy with getting the nova through the mot without needing anything (as we all would) but as part of my college course for vehicle body repairs they say you should try and get some work experience somewhere. Guess I got lucky! an old mate of mine works at a classic car restorers and I know the owner fairly well so went up today and had a chat and he's agreed to take me on one day a week!

Depending on how well I get on it may turn permanent which would be awesome and I may not have to do next year at college.

One thing at a time though.

floydy13
05-01-10, 09:36 PM
well done mate, looking good for you!

Steve
05-01-10, 09:46 PM
Yeah, just gotta keep my head down and not fook it up lol

blue_peg_16v
05-01-10, 09:47 PM
congrats steve

Nova_Tek
05-01-10, 09:52 PM
Nice one, all the best with that. Great job on the work experience too lol

jakeufton
05-01-10, 11:00 PM
good on yer getting a job these days is sh!t:(

sparkie1401
05-01-10, 11:03 PM
well done young man

sulphur
05-01-10, 11:06 PM
Classic cars...couldn't ask to start in a better place really.

Congrats mate :thumb:

Steve
05-01-10, 11:16 PM
Cheers, yeah accident repair places suck and this place has so many nice cars in. Apparently they have a rolls royce in next week and atm they're doing a mk2 mexico and a lotus cortina, and something else which is too old for me to know! lol

Ernie
06-01-10, 07:07 AM
and something else which is too old for me to know! lol
Its called a Fiesta Steve lol.
Well done mate.

bmw156
06-01-10, 07:12 AM
just dont do what that other kid on here done. and start driving customers cars lol. i think it was his mate that actually did it and then crashed it!

but a massive well done. and if you do anything good. make good cups of tea, always hits the right spot

Sloth
06-01-10, 01:12 PM
get on ebay and get something old bought, well done mate!

Steve
06-01-10, 08:14 PM
I do make the best tea, so thats a start! I think the nova's old enough for me sloth lol but if I had the cash after ive done the nova i'd love a manta or chevette/ kadette :cool:

We'll see how it goes, I do have a bad habit of messing everything up the first time though lol lol

MattBrown
06-01-10, 09:43 PM
Keep your head down, nuts clean, tools tidy!

And do what they ask, after afew weeks youll get the gist!

And timekeeping is essential, being 15 mins early shows willing, and my bosses love it lol

Also, if your unsure ask, noone is born able to do anything, and as an apprentice myself, In an unsure situation, just ask the questions!

L14MNP
06-01-10, 09:45 PM
Nice one Steve! You will pick up allsorts (I don't mean in your pockets) from the old boys that work there. :)

Are you going to be lead loading (eventually)?

Steve
06-01-10, 10:09 PM
Im not sure what lead loading is lol Im not doing metal work, I just said I was interested in the body and paint side of things really.

Simon 1867
06-01-10, 10:13 PM
Welldone steve..where is it? i may have to bring my car done, get the front and rear valance done...nudge nudge!!!

Steve
12-01-10, 03:59 PM
Bit bummed out, he called me up last night to say they hadn't got the cars in that were due this week (something to do with the weather I think) lol so he doesn't need me today. Still, should be ok next week.