PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 nova

mitch66
04-01-10, 09:46 PM
Hello people, new to this forum so hello to all!

I have a standard 1.2 nova, G reg on a carb!

What can i do to make it that little bit quicker without spending to much money?
I have lowered it 40mm all round and am looking for a set of alloys to make it look a bit better. Not looking to spend much money but if you have some please let me know.
I am also looking for some opinions, it has a skinny front bumper and a deep rear bumper, i was thinking about putting GTE bumpers on it? Would it look ok?
Any comments appreciated, Cheers, Mitch.

Asa-James
04-01-10, 09:56 PM
hello, take a look at some of the projects on here for the GTE look (i'm running GTE bumpers on my 5 door) should look good with the right wheels etc, but skinny front can look just as good depending on the condition of the front valance lol

you've already passed the txt type test, well done.

and as for making the 1.2 faster, theres a tuning guide on here with regards to borrowing bits from other engines to tune yours up a touch (twin choke off the 1.3, exhaust, cam etc) if in any doubt just ask, theres plenty of useful info around and about.

welcome to the forum, keep your nose clean and you should settle in nicely!

p.s. get 15 posts without spamming and get some pics up :)

Nova-rich
04-01-10, 09:56 PM
The 1.2 is a good engine but unfortunatly doesnt seem to respond well to minor mods i.e. K&N filter, exhaust etc, the small blocks only seem to wake up to a stage 3 gasflowed head a leary cam and brutal carbs i think anything short of that your wasting your time and money, thats why most novas have engine conversions.

Asa-James
04-01-10, 09:58 PM
The 1.2 is a good engine but unfortunatly doesnt seem to respond well to minor mods i.e. K&N filter, exhaust etc, the small blocks only seem to wake up to stage 3 gasflowed heads a leary cam and brutal carbs i think anything short of that your wasting your time and money, thats why most novas have engine conversions.

all depends how much fun you want. i prefer to ring the neck out of small blocks myself:cool:

Nova-rich
04-01-10, 10:03 PM
Yeah i havent got a bad word to say about them im running a 1.2 daily at the min and its plenty nippy but ive tuned a few of them in the past and if you like most people spend £300 on a K&N a 4 branch manifold and sports system, you dont seem to get £300 worth of power back.

mitch66
04-01-10, 10:04 PM
hello, take a look at some of the projects on here for the GTE look (i'm running GTE bumpers on my 5 door) should look good with the right wheels etc, but skinny front can look just as good depending on the condition of the front valance lol

you've already passed the txt type test, well done.

and as for making the 1.2 faster, theres a tuning guide on here with regards to borrowing bits from other engines to tune yours up a touch (twin choke off the 1.3, exhaust, cam etc) if in any doubt just ask, theres plenty of useful info around and about.

welcome to the forum, keep your nose clean and you should settle in nicely!

p.s. get 15 posts without spamming and get some pics up :)

Thanks for the Advice :)

Where abouts can i find this tuning guide?

I might try and get a few pictures tommorow depending on how busy i am and post them as soon as i can.

Thanks again Mitch.

Asa-James
04-01-10, 10:07 PM
tecnical>info>1.2 8v tuning guide

or clicky me (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93429) for the lazy way

Richie_B
04-01-10, 10:10 PM
GTE bumpers are cool imo. Do the getsome

Angus Closier
04-01-10, 11:03 PM
If you want more power then your best bet is just to wait until/if all ready and do a conversion to a bigger engine... could go 1.4 or 1.6 or if you want to spend lots of cash you could get a bit more out of your 1.2 but its not really worth it. Get some pics up as soon as you can.
O and there is a section devoted to HOW TO etc plus there is always the tech sections.