PDA

View Full Version : Passenger rides at pod !!!

djbrowney
04-01-10, 11:24 AM
just had this email from santa pod, passengers now http://www.vauxhallsportforum.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/023.gif

Santa Pod RWYB News - 04/01/2010

Now Take A Friend On The Quarter Mile!

Santa Pod has just turned the track day market on its head, by being the first venue in the UK to allow guests to drive under fully timed race conditions – with a passenger!

In a dynamic change to their rules and regulations, the ‘Pod has made it possible for any enthusiast enjoying a day’s full-tilt driving (at £35 all in) to take a passenger alongside, under race conditions, for only a £10 sign-on fee!

Passengers will need to bring their full UK driving licence and sign on in the usual manner, but having done so - and once presented with their wristband, they are free to ride shotgun with anybody on the start line that would like them onboard. With events running every month and at every major Santa Pod show there are over 50 separate opportunities in 2010 for a bit of twos-up, heads-up racing! Any road legal car is eligible, but understandably, real race car drivers and bikers will have to travel solo!

Upon announcing the move, Santa Pod MD, David Lloyd Jones was quick to point out the many benefits. "We’re proud to have added this new dimension to our RWYB days,’ he said. ‘By allowing passengers, it not only makes it a far more enjoyable day for groups of friends attending, but also opens the door for any tuners or commercial organisations to come along and showcase their wares to prospective customers. This fundamental change in our running regulations also means we can offer ‘experience’ rides to allow newcomers to the sport to discover the thrill of the quarter mile, for the price of a round of drinks."

Although each run is limited to one passenger per car, there is no limit to the amount of guests accompanying each car, so if you’re looking to sell, to impress, to entertain – or even for a first date with a difference, why not try the new RWYB for two?

For more info on Run What Ya Brung at Santa Pod Raceway visit www.RWYB.com. (http://www.rwyb.com./)

Pipercross Bike Filters - Get £10 Off Any Santa Pod Track Day!

Discerning bikers have never needed much persuasion to fit a Pipercross performance filter to their machine. The combination of greater flow and improved filtration is usually enough for most, but any enthusiast purchasing a filter from December 2009 onwards can look forward to the added incentive of a £10 discount voucher off any Santa Pod ‘Run What You Brung’ Track Day.

Usually £35 for the whole day, including admission and sign-on fees, the Pipercross voucher brings the ultimate bikers day-out down to just £25 for hours of full throttle enjoyment. High octane thrills at low octane prices!

For the full RWYB calendar, visit www.RWYB.com (http://www.rwyb.com/) and for more details on the extensive range of Pipercross bike filters, visit www.pipercross.com (http://www.pipercross.com/) or call the team on 01604 707750.

Tel: 01234 782828 | Web:www.SantaPod.com
Track Office: Santa Pod Raceway, Airfield Road, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants. NN29 7XA.

D11 OVA
04-01-10, 11:26 AM
they do that at crail raceway also

L14MNP
04-01-10, 11:39 AM
Now Take A Friend On The Quarter Mile!

and put in an even slower time! lol

Stuart
04-01-10, 12:30 PM
why would you want to 'race conditions' with 70-120Kg of dead weight in the car? lol

victory ballast

Jack
04-01-10, 03:12 PM
I dunno, putting Adam in your car would be an advantage. He's negative weight lol

Adam
04-01-10, 04:22 PM
:cool: /\

mayhem
04-01-10, 05:09 PM
most stupid idea ever...

Ste L
04-01-10, 05:11 PM
Passengers will need to bring their full UK driving licence and sign on in the usual manner,

why does a passenger need to sign on with a driving licence??? not like they are driving?
also, what happen's if you've not gone one, and want a passenger ride :confused:

Adam
04-01-10, 05:11 PM
Its a bit crap how passengers have to have a driving license too tbh.
I think most people that go pod with a driving license are in their car, and doing 1/4 runs lol

Edit-Ste beat me to it! lol

Mike
04-01-10, 05:16 PM
Sweet :) just gotta build the car now then lol

nova josh
04-01-10, 05:20 PM
still stupid why a driving licence

Mike
04-01-10, 05:26 PM
still stupid why a driving licence

Stops you taking a 6 year old son up the strip, thus limits the age of passengers without directly saying so BUT still complying with there insurance policy's :thumb:

nova josh
04-01-10, 05:30 PM
yeah but they could say a bit younger just for 16/17 year old lads like me who love cars and would love a passenger ride.

Mike
04-01-10, 05:32 PM
yeah but they could say a bit younger just for 16/17 year old lads like me who love cars and would love a passenger ride.

Tuff sh1t basically lad. There aint really much else that can be said to that lol lol

nova josh
04-01-10, 05:35 PM
yh i know i can go in on some track days so i am still ok

Adam
04-01-10, 05:35 PM
Nova-josh has a point.

Youd assume letting passengers in would mean that people that cant drive or are under 17 could experience some 1/4mile action!!
Does seem a bit pointless imo

nova josh
04-01-10, 05:36 PM
but my point is wen u av a driving licence u will go down in your own car and if you dont want to drive but want a passenger ride.

dontliftdrift
04-01-10, 05:37 PM
having a driving license in your back pocket is just more weightlol lol what a dumb idea this is,crail raceway have done this for a while!

Paul
04-01-10, 06:19 PM
may help me get some traction?

Adam
04-01-10, 06:25 PM
Dibs on 1st passenger ride then!!! :cool: /\ lol

Jack
04-01-10, 06:25 PM
I'd rather be taken round a track as a passenger tbh

Paul
04-01-10, 07:17 PM
Dibs on 1st passenger ride then!!! :cool: /\ lol

I want a great fat bastid in the passenger seat, so unless i plump you up Ad... lol

Adam
04-01-10, 07:42 PM
I'll wear two pairs of socks

Stuart
04-01-10, 07:54 PM

1) from other posts, bin the text typing.

2) if you want to go fast in a straight line get someone to let you sit in a car at a traffic light grand prix lol

as RJ said, Would rather pax on a real trackday

Stuart
04-01-10, 07:54 PM
I want a great fat bastid in the passenger seat, so unless i plump you up Ad... lol

whoooooop I'm passenger of choice.

Paul
04-01-10, 09:31 PM
I'll wear two pairs of socks

Ha ha done!

How about at Oulton Park, ill be there before Pod!

Adam
04-01-10, 09:36 PM
:cool:

auzzy2000
04-01-10, 09:39 PM
To be honest i dont see the point of driving down the straight at santa pod.Let alone as a passenger.Trackdays are so much better as they have atleast got corners!!!

Adam
04-01-10, 09:39 PM
whoooooop I'm passenger of choice.
One of the quickest laps i did round Combe in my old one was with you as passenger!!! :eek: lol