PDA

View Full Version : Threadlock on bolts

Dave.
03-01-10, 11:27 PM
Ill put this in mechanical, as its not really to do with styling/asthetics

Fitted calibra leather into the corsa today, had to remove the sub frame from the corsa seat and put it onto the cally one..

My god where the subframe bolts tight on my corsa!

Anyway, they went back in just like normal bolts, however it took me a good hour to get them all back in (on my own, small garage, sub-zero temps) and now im thinking should i of applied threadlock back onto the bolts?

How important is it? its only on the front subframes, also can it be applied with the bolts in place? (theirs about 2mm of the bolt sticking though the frame

If its especially needed, then ill have to take the bolts out again, but i dont really want to do this, but if its not essential, ill do without :d

:thumb:

bmw156
03-01-10, 11:29 PM
i have never applied thread lock to any bolts. actually tell a lie, i did on one motorbike. but thats all lol.

never on the nova.

MattBrown
03-01-10, 11:29 PM
If you tighten them up properly (Browny tight) then you'll be fine fella!

If you notice the seats starting to wobble, then start to worry lol

blue_peg_16v
03-01-10, 11:38 PM
tighten to ft and will be fine

AlexW
04-01-10, 12:47 AM
I dont usually until they come undone. If they do then i will lol

Adam
04-01-10, 04:26 PM
And no threadlock has to be on the threads as you screw the bolt on....

TBH if the bolts were quite tight to screw in, then they should be fine.

Its somewhere easy to keep an occasional tightness check on anyway.

Jon_nova1
04-01-10, 05:13 PM
Im sure i've only ever used threadlock on the flywheel, just wait till the seat starts wobbling before worrying lol

mayhem
04-01-10, 05:32 PM
seat bolts dont need locktite.

AlexW
04-01-10, 06:29 PM
Im sure i've only ever used threadlock on the flywheel, just wait till the seat starts wobbling before worrying lol

Ohh thats a good point. I used threadlock on the flywheel. clutch and some other moving engine parts.

mayhem
04-01-10, 06:53 PM
if you remove a bolt and there's blue or red in the threads.. says enough doesnt it?

Dave.
04-01-10, 09:59 PM
if you remove a bolt and there's blue or red in the threads.. says enough doesnt it?

Yes, but the point is that the bolts dont movee spin round etc, and their unbvelievabley tight without threadlock, i think it was just vauxhalls way of being a pain lol

Shall leave without untill i hit the breaks and end up strapped into my seat in the road lol :thumb: