PDA

View Full Version : Blue Nova

Leeboo
03-01-10, 06:51 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone recognises this Nova? My friend owns it but I think it was built in England (well over the water somewhere lol ).

As I say I don't need to know any spec on it as my friend owns it, but it has Astra champion leather(seems to be SR interior in that pic though), respray etc. Just wondering if anyone knows any history on it as I've found a few pics of it between here and mig.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd139/leeberto/bluenova.jpg

Thanks

L14MNP
03-01-10, 06:54 PM
I'm almost sure it has a WIP thread on here somewhere matey. I recognise the rims/stripes/colour. Is it an LET? Quite an 'old' build too.

It was on someones trailer, I remember that much lol.

Leeboo
03-01-10, 07:01 PM
I'm almost sure it has a WIP thread on here somewhere matey. I recognise the rims/stripes/colour. Is it an LET? Quite an 'old' build too.

It was on someones trailer, I remember that much lol.

My mate would love to see something like a project thread for it because he loves it to bits and hes never really on computers. Its an xe. He has changed the wheels to speedlines, removed splitter and fitted skirts. I liked the big 17s lol.

Many thanks lamp. If anyone can shed any more light it would be great.

findog
03-01-10, 07:05 PM
I remember a guy in Glasgow having a car just like that. His was a sr on a H reg to begin with. If you tell me the reg i will no for sure.

Leeboo
03-01-10, 07:10 PM
I remember a guy in Glasgow having a car just like that. His was a sr on a H reg to begin with. If you tell me the reg i will no for sure.

PM'd

AlexW
03-01-10, 07:15 PM
Thought it was Keith's at first lol

Benn
03-01-10, 07:21 PM
Yeah i do, might have even taken that pic, was Billing 04.

Really liked it.

vaughanmc
03-01-10, 08:20 PM
Isn't that Kev's G reg LET ? Before he painted it that flip green/blue colour ? G reg...

SRimon
03-01-10, 08:40 PM
Isn't it the F reg LET?

18s with Tubbed rear arches? TVR Blue? Dunno if they look like 18s or not :S

vaughanmc
03-01-10, 08:43 PM
That's Chris' your thinking of mate...

Matt Pickering
03-01-10, 08:47 PM
Is it J*** GNL??

If so i know a little about the car, it started out as a luxe+ shell (did have a blue dash) and was built up to a good standard with a c20xe in!! it was then bought by another friend of mine in 2006, he did a little work to it an sold it on a while later!!

Matt..

Tim-SR
03-01-10, 08:48 PM
Isn't that Kev's G reg LET ? Before he painted it that flip green/blue colour ? G reg...

i seem to remember it being owned by some dude called kev, cant rember his user name on here though:tard:

EDIT: no, im thinking of Chris' aswell lol

AlexW
03-01-10, 09:01 PM
Couldnt have been sold over the water like that then could it vaughan?

vaughanmc
03-01-10, 09:03 PM
Hmm true - Just looks very much the same as that fella's, Kev I think his name is

His used to look similar back in the day...

AlexW
03-01-10, 09:08 PM
Yer Kev016v, lives near me.

novarobbo
03-01-10, 09:29 PM
thats my cusions old car. fairly sure he wanted to buy it back not long ago, he was the last person to have it this side of the water

novarobbo
03-01-10, 09:35 PM
Is it J*** GNL??

If so i know a little about the car, it started out as a luxe+ shell (did have a blue dash) and was built up to a good standard with a c20xe in!! it was then bought by another friend of mine in 2006, he did a little work to it an sold it on a while later!!

Matt..

that would explain it it was late 2006 when my cusion bought it. didn't have it all that long, is as mint underneath as it is ontop. all the window surrounds ect are painted anthracite, xe inside sticker on the rear window surround. used to have a golf splitter on the rear bumper iirc.. when we had the floods in 2006 he went through some water and it ripped the rear bumper of so he had to go paddling to get it back then had it painted ect again.. was a totally mint car though

suited the 17s i think. it was different and smart :thumb:

novarobbo
10-01-10, 08:58 PM
got any pics of this now your mate has it?

Rob
10-01-10, 10:04 PM
yeah its from scun thorpe robbo,rick boidel use to own it a fews years back and it had the blue dash in it,was an awsome clean car aswell :thumb:

Leeboo
11-01-10, 05:11 PM
Hi thanks all, yeah the reg is J*** GNL. Not the one your thinking of Vaughan.

It did look good on the 17s however it now has speedlines, front splitter off and a set of GSi skirts.... I know thats quite common but it does look nice. Think it still has the rear splitter which actually looks ok. He bought it with astra GTE champion leather fitted... must have been the fella who sold it to him that fitted it. It can move on quite well for a standard xe.... I've been told the engine had 63k on it before fitment, excellent to shift in the dry.

I was telling him about the info I got on here and he was really interested to know, I will have to show him the thread. Will try to get some pics of how it is now but its with rally man getting some little problem with engine fixed.

Seems to be a very well put together car, has strengthening kit, coilovers etc. No crusty/scabby areas.

novarobbo
11-01-10, 08:26 PM
yeah its from scun thorpe robbo,rick boidel use to own it a fews years back and it had the blue dash in it,was an awsome clean car aswell :thumb:

i know ricks my cusion ;)

novarobbo
11-01-10, 08:35 PM
Hi thanks all, yeah the reg is J*** GNL. Not the one your thinking of Vaughan.

It did look good on the 17s however it now has speedlines, front splitter off and a set of GSi skirts.... I know thats quite common but it does look nice. Think it still has the rear splitter which actually looks ok. He bought it with astra GTE champion leather fitted... must have been the fella who sold it to him that fitted it. It can move on quite well for a standard xe.... I've been told the engine had 63k on it before fitment, excellent to shift in the dry.

I was telling him about the info I got on here and he was really interested to know, I will have to show him the thread. Will try to get some pics of how it is now but its with rally man getting some little problem with engine fixed.

Seems to be a very well put together car, has strengthening kit, coilovers etc. No crusty/scabby areas.

yeah it had the gte champion interior in it when my cusion bought it. the leather was in fairly mint condition then and its a interior ive never seen in one before. it works well..

the engine is a good strong one too, it was quicker then his mates xe'd one that was on twin carbs (it wasn't completly set up though)

anyway its good to hear its still been looked after. cant wait to see some recent pics of it.. i'll show my cusion when u get some :thumb: