PDA

View Full Version : megajolt

swedge
03-01-10, 05:50 PM
whats are the benefits from using megajolt when running carbs

the engine will be a 2.0 8v and will be running R1 carbs along with an uprated cam and a decent exhaust system

im trying to get as much info as possible for the warmer weather coming in so i can get cracking with fitting the new engine

iv had a good read through thier manuals and installation documents

any info would be good :)

ive read in different places that megajolt will give better results but none have proven it yet (i dont think)

it will be the megajolt lite

Adam
03-01-10, 05:52 PM
You can map exact timing figures instead of an old dizzy doing a rough job of the ignition.
And you run a Coilpack which should be more reliable than an old coil/dizzy setup.

Using Megajolt means using Ford EDIS setup though which isnt exactly great either. Does the job though.

bmw156
03-01-10, 05:53 PM
i plan on doing this when i run twin 45's

like adam says, you can get your mapping dead on. someone can be sitting next to you while you drive and play about with the maps until you get it perfect.

IIRC you use a Ford coil pack EDIS is it?

and you have a crank sensor and a special cog.

and a throttle position sensor (TPS) which you make a bracket for, for the side of your carbs

swedge
03-01-10, 06:00 PM
i plan on doing this when i run twin 45's

like adam says, you can get your mapping dead on. someone can be sitting next to you while you drive and play about with the maps until you get it perfect.

IIRC you use a Ford coil pack EDIS is it?

and you have a crank sensor and a special cog.

and a throttle position sensor (TPS) which you make a bracket for, for the side of your carbs

yeah your right, it can also be run from a map sensor as well but i think the tps sensor would be easier

dont the R1 carbs have something like a tps sensor on them anyway?

swedge
03-01-10, 06:02 PM
(edited)

never mind lol

swedge
03-01-10, 06:22 PM
some info on instalation, not on a vaux but basicly the same
i wont be building the megajolt unit ill be buying it pre-built

Adam
03-01-10, 06:30 PM
Yes R1 carbs have a TPS sensor.

You have to use a complete ford EDIS ignition system

tom reid
03-01-10, 06:41 PM
Like this
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/tomreid/Ediskit.jpg

swedge
03-01-10, 06:48 PM
yeah i know about the edis system and cheers for the pic tom, been reading a few posts from various sites you have posted on

good info:thumb:

Stuart
03-01-10, 09:11 PM
imho I'd rather pickup a full megasquirt and use it for ign only to make use of proper waste spark control etc rather than using edith lol

swedge
03-01-10, 09:27 PM
but the price difference is quite high and i very much doubt my mapping experiance will go any further than ignition so ill stick with megajolt

Stuart
03-01-10, 10:21 PM
lol start at the hard end then ;)

calibrating spark is a slag of a job compared to fuel but nevermind