PDA

View Full Version : K&N problems

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 02:56 PM
Ive had My K&N on for 6 months in the winter it was a pain in the ass to keep running after i had drove it for a while and then stopped in traffic. I took it to be set up at the garage on the CO2 reader etc and it was fine ontill yesterday when i broke down and had the green flag guy out. I didnt total understand but he said with K&N you need to have them set up every month does he mean the screw that controls the air and fuel mixture on the carb? Becuase its really starting to get on my wick becuase i drive along then come to a stop and it just cuts out. Its a 1.2 nova 1989 f Reg. also i have a pipper cross breather filter running on it as well iam really stuck on what it could be. Its nothink to dowith the plugs and leads i no that

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:06 PM
i had the same prob, just play with the little screw on the carb, or with the idle. that fixed my prob

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:06 PM
or lots or redex!!!!!!!!!!

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:30 PM
Ya but Do you think it sounds right to get the carb set up every month all will the problem stop if i put the old air box back on but it sounds crap with it on?

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:32 PM
na don't sound right, not every month! i've never had mine done and its been 2 months now. it plays up when its damp but i just rev it a bit and get the temp up and its ok.

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:33 PM
Also which screw do you mean the really litte screw all the big screw. the big screw it the one that they use for the CO2 testing. all do you mean the really litte screw on the carb.

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:34 PM
i think its the little one, its the middle one, i can't tell you off the top of my head

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:36 PM
Ya it was a pain in the ass till i chnaged the thermostate. Iam building my other nova at the mo got the GSI kit clear rear clusters. Clear cluster. Alloy fuel cap 14inch wheels with good rubber etc. just gutting the rust out and sortting the bofy out at the mo. Its going to be resprayed in Ferrari red should be done for the total vauxhall show all the work done by me and my best mate and his old man

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:37 PM
sweet, mines just in a transitional period at the mo, just meshed my grill, looks a lot better. just waitin for a strut brace, and front splitter. gonna make a wolf in sheeps clothing and keep the sr badges and chuck a 2.0l lump in hopefully!

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:38 PM
And got a pecco power master exhaust stainless stil. Got the alarm soon etc. But iam when i took the car to be set up they only played around with the big screw on the tester should they be playing around with the litte screw hate to be a pain in the ass keep asking

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:39 PM
off the top of my head i couldn't tell ya mate. get a mte around and have a play around.

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:41 PM
Ya i got a struct brace aswell. IAm getting the Gmax git 4 dampers and 40mm on the back and 35mm on the fron from larkspeed at ?185. becuase ive got the right offset bang on 49m. But iam doing it to what i can aford becuase iam still a student only working part time but it will look pretty good.Got the sound kit half sorted keeping the intior the same and on the look out for a mark 2 dash. Before long iam going to look out for a corsa lump 1.6 GSI etc

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:43 PM
makin a proper beast of a nova then. i'm tryin to spend as little as poss while i street fighter my bike!

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:46 PM
So your a biker person then. I dont no enough about bikes but i do no they are pretty much king of the road for perforamnce and speed. Is your nova single piont carb webber all piperburg? It isnt injection is it?

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:48 PM
How think how can yours be injection when its a SR lol

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:48 PM
its a bog standard 1.4sr mk2 with K'n'N thats all.

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:52 PM
huh???? :?: :?: :?:

Lukenovagsi
28-03-03, 03:54 PM
I ment how thick am i becuase i asked was ur injection but how can it be when its a SR

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:55 PM
IT SAYS 1.4SR UNDER MY AVATAR