PDA

View Full Version : bonnet catch

DEE'S NOVA
28-03-03, 02:27 PM
i'm trying to pop my bonnet but it won't pop you pull the handle and nothin happens so any ideas ? i need to get it as i need to check my battery tray for leaks

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 02:37 PM
MINE DOES THIS, PUSH DOWN ON THE FRONT ON PUT YOUR HAND OUT THE DOOR, PULL THE HANDLE AND THUMP IT, IT'LL POP UP!

DEE'S NOVA
28-03-03, 02:55 PM
right do i stand at the front and push down on the bonnet or do this sitting in the car?? just can't picture it the way you said
:roll:

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 02:57 PM
you need someone else to push on the front while you pull the catch, or as you pull the catch whack the bottom. it should open. you need to pull the lever with your left hand and whack it with your right as you lean out/over the door

DEE'S NOVA
28-03-03, 04:01 PM
sorted cheers ben

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 04:07 PM
no probs! bit of brute force always works!

brian
29-03-03, 02:26 PM
to fix this, find where the cable comes through the front panel on pass side and its fixed to the panel at this point with a little bracket and one screw. open the screw and pull the cable towards the pass side until you fell tension on it and tighten up the screw again.

Stuart
29-03-03, 05:24 PM
i find that mine "sticks" at times. so i jsut "tap" the corner of the bonnet with my fist. that lets go then lol

brian
29-03-03, 07:26 PM
also to give more spring you could wind the pin in the bonnet(the bing pin the locks into the front panel) up into the bonnet a little more