PDA

View Full Version : Bias Pedal Box

nova 2L 16V
02-01-10, 04:21 PM
Im currently building a nova with xe on QED bodies and instead of drilling a hole for the vacum needed for brake survo. I thought i would get a bias pedal box as i can also then alter the amount of braking for front and rear as i have brakes on the back. I have seen people use a corsa one for a nova why is this and is there any gain? Also there is a company selling the bias kits on ebay for 200 pounds deliverd are they any good?

djbrowney
02-01-10, 04:25 PM
i wouldnt mind knowing the answer to these questions aswel !

bazil
02-01-10, 04:36 PM
I've got one on my gsi, they are ok, mine is for a nova so it sits where the standard master cylinder is with an in dash adjuster. You do need to make sure the actuall cylinders are matched to the calipers you are using, also because you have no vacum servo the brake pedal can be very stiff, when I took mine for an mot the garage failed it because of no vacum servo, I appealed to VOSA and they passed it. Maybe others work differently,

djbrowney
02-01-10, 04:47 PM
how do you no what size cylinders to buy because i see they come in 3 differnt sizes ?

bazil
02-01-10, 05:00 PM
I think, can't mind what's front and what's rear,

AlexW
02-01-10, 05:02 PM
Im currently building a nova with xe on QED bodies and instead of drilling a hole for the vacum needed for brake survo. I thought i would get a bias pedal box as i can also then alter the amount of braking for front and rear as i have brakes on the back. I have seen people use a corsa one for a nova why is this and is there any gain? Also there is a company selling the bias kits on ebay for 200 pounds deliverd are they any good?

Corsa dont have the bit running across the dash. Slighty lighter too iirc. Less moving parts.

bazil
02-01-10, 05:19 PM
check out harry hockley pedal box and cylinder for under 200 quid!!!