PDA

View Full Version : x14xe belt to run

kc_08
02-01-10, 04:20 PM
hi all desperatly need to find out the right size belt to run my x14xe on once i take off all the ecotec stuff like air con and powersteering and all the other stuff i wont need, but cant find anywhere that tells me the right size belt i need to use once all this stuff is gone. local motorfactors said use string or zip/cable ties and follow where the belt goes and he will give me 3 belts to try all in the same size region until i find the right one, but can i just buy one that fits another car but thats the pefect size? thanks

kc_08
02-01-10, 04:28 PM
also on the standard corsa manifold theres a weird thing that connects to it then onto the belt umm im using a s/s manifold anyway with this hole welded shut with a nut in it. just wonderd what this is?

Adam
02-01-10, 04:32 PM
Are you keeping the wide belt pullys/alternator???

On your 2nd post it sounds like you are on about the SAI system. It doesnt connect to a belt tho.

kc_08
02-01-10, 04:43 PM
oh ok dude. im not sure as obviously im not sure what needs doing completely, so any outside help is great. what way would you suggest? just want the easiest way to have it running without wasting power from stuff im not using. thought be best on here as my friends that are helping me are un sure on this bit aswell

Fow16v
02-01-10, 04:46 PM
the early corsa sports without pas belt will fit if you get hold of a tensioner from one, the way im going to do mine is just use a piece of string to measure it then as for a belt the same length

kc_08
02-01-10, 04:52 PM
so it does seem like thats the best way to do it, the engine came from a 2000 sport (X) that way i can just keep all the tensions there, take it all off and use string to follow where the belt ran. if thats possible? finding this alot harder than i thought, like need so many parts from all different things lol, also how do you go about your throttle cable? my mates running a mk3/mk4 astra cable as his old one was to long/ short or somthing

AlexW
02-01-10, 04:53 PM
You want like ive got on my car. Some cars dont have the space though (wonder if its another mk1/mk2 difference?)

Mine is a auto tensioner from a corsa SRi (16v not 8v), the alternator bracket is different.

Edit: I run a standard corsa throttle cable, Not too long or anything!

kc_08
02-01-10, 05:00 PM
yeah pretty much! ermm yeah mines a mk1 started as a 1.0 so in need of a few bits anyway got pretty mcu hthe list i need just trying to get some help off here :). ok thats another thing i can use then cheers mate