PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is this field.....

L14MNP
02-01-10, 02:41 PM
but it's as if your missus/mother had told you about it.

'There's a field full of Nova's I have heard about, here's the pics'

As you can see, it's not a field, and they aren't Novas. Damn urban legends. lol
Timewarp tin (http://www.fiatforum.com/lets-talk-fiat/200433-has-anyone-seen-not-your-average-fiat-dealership.html#post2148915)

vaughanmc
02-01-10, 02:44 PM
Wow!

Graeme
02-01-10, 02:45 PM
Looks like someones going to make a few quid selling that lot

L14MNP
02-01-10, 02:48 PM
Aye, the owners son. lol

Bet the scenesters are only interested in the old Beemer and FWD prehistoric Audi. lol Just needs and Auto Union badge and you're laughing.

I wonder what state the Lancias are in!

It never ceases to amaze me how people can just abandon things like that. To me it's akin to leaving a pile of money in a building.

L14MNP
02-01-10, 02:51 PM
More of the same place
http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=68331&page=3#916064

Also, how cool!

Apparently theres a similar Toyota dealer in Turkey that was closed during the `troubles` in 1973. Its full of brand new 73 Corollas & a few others...

and, er yeahhhh... lol

I seem to remember a BL dealer in Wales being discovered in similar circumstances about 18-20 years ago as well, but not on this scale.

Nova-rich
02-01-10, 02:58 PM
How do you just forget about an epic dealership full of brand new cars!? its a shame the cars are sh1t being little fiats and what not, i saw an abandond factory once in a magazine i think it was in spain and it was an old assembly line full of finished and part finished rover SD1's!!! Stuff like that just makes ya think.

ade
02-01-10, 03:08 PM
there was an abandoned garage not far from the national meet in Derby last year - this Adam noticed it...

Iain
02-01-10, 03:11 PM
Where's that Ade? Might go take a look...

L14MNP
02-01-10, 03:14 PM
Rover SD1's would be a bit more interesting I agree. Still it's awesome to see abandoned stuff. Ade, no pics?

My mate found a boarded up Rover/MG dealers somewhere in the SE with an unregistered 75 tourer being the only thing inside. lol

I love barn finds etc too, who doesn't. lol

I read of an 'Elanor' Shelby Mustang being discovered in an old factory in Vietnam iirc, the story was that the owner had imported it and blown up the engine drag racing and also managed to crack the gearbox. It was on axle stands minus it's wheels and in the described condition.

What a find for the guy to restore!

novacabrio
02-01-10, 03:37 PM
there was an abandoned garage not far from the national meet in Derby last year - this Adam noticed it...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/JOHNSCARS1969/Haunted%20garage/PICT0015.jpg

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=68331&page=2

mayhem
02-01-10, 03:56 PM
mate of mine owns a garage, the used to be Citroen dealer till the early 90's, he still has a few BX's and stuff in the showroom.

pikey1986
02-01-10, 04:45 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/JOHNSCARS1969/Haunted%20garage/PICT0015.jpg

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=68331&page=2

this place is round the cornor from me, the old boy wont sell any of the cars and they've all been their for as long as i can remember, ive had my eye on the mk2 astra for aout 10yrs lol

XE PROJECT
02-01-10, 05:20 PM
I Just cant get over how all these cars are left there in cages, no way a single one would be there or in one piece if they wasnt in the cages, suprised no ones cut locks open and stolen any if there all old cars sitting there ready to go, :confused:

Matt Pickering
02-01-10, 05:39 PM
Apparently theres a similar Toyota dealer in Turkey that was closed during the `troubles` in 1973. Its full of brand new 73 Corollas & a few others...

I've heard this one, apparently it was a main city/village area that was abandoned during a conflict of some kind, and all the main dealers remain untouched to this day

Matt

blue_peg_16v
02-01-10, 07:58 PM
i wanted the astra 2 whwn i found that garage when i got lost at national weekend lol

Spudly
02-01-10, 10:59 PM
I Just cant get over how all these cars are left there in cages, no way a single one would be there or in one piece if they wasnt in the cages, suprised no ones cut locks open and stolen any if there all old cars sitting there ready to go, :confused:

Im gobsmacked no little charvers have torched the place in all fairness:eek:

Sloth
02-01-10, 11:52 PM
I've heard this one, apparently it was a main city/village area that was abandoned during a conflict of some kind, and all the main dealers remain untouched to this day

Matt

the place your thinking of is famagusta in cyprus, the greek cypriots left when the turks invaded and it became a ghost town. google is your bestest buddy:thumb:

L14MNP
03-01-10, 01:24 PM
Aye it was Famagusta. I've seen the place with my own eyes. Awesome ghost town pics on the net though.

When I posted that about the Toyota dealers I assumed the guy was on about somewhere else.

Sloth
03-01-10, 01:44 PM
yup ive seen it too, its very scary....

novaguy08
03-01-10, 05:36 PM
I wonder what state the Lancias are in!

Rusty!!:thumb:

It never ceases to amaze me how people can just abandon things like that. To me it's akin to leaving a pile of money in a building.

Yup, but left for the amount of time that they have been they turn into classics, and because most of them are incredibly rare & collectables they are actually appreciating rather then depreciating at the moment!!

So yes they are leaving a big pile of money in a building, but the pile is getting bigger!!

However its amazing how it could have been left for that long!! Do you think that he just forgot about them in storage or deliberately left them there??

Mike
03-01-10, 05:45 PM
Makes me sad this does :(

Only thing we ever find is dead things & herion needles in the abandoned places we work :(

L14MNP
03-01-10, 05:51 PM
Yup, but left for the amount of time that they have been they turn into classics, and because most of them are incredibly rare & collectables they are actually appreciating rather then depreciating at the moment!!

So yes they are leaving a big pile of money in a building, but the pile is getting bigger!!

However its amazing how it could have been left for that long!! Do you think that he just forgot about them in storage or deliberately left them there??

Most of the time they aren't prepared to be stored though and just depreciate. They only become valuable through age. If they were correctly stored it would be much better. TBH the Fiats are OK. I'm referring to people hoarding anything they can get their hands on, storing them outdoors on soft ground and refusing to part with them/save them from a nasty fate.

The guy knew the Fiats were there all along, he closed that part of the dealership to sell trucks. Nice little nest egg.