PDA

View Full Version : Nearly ready

Steve
30-12-09, 10:40 PM
After getting my nova mot'd the other week with no hassle I wasn't expecting the same today when I re-taxed it, mostly because of the engine change. No problems though, they didnt ask for any proof, issued me a more expensive tax disc and sent the log book off!! :d

So as of new years day im back on the road :d :d :d

bazil
30-12-09, 10:42 PM
sorted:thumb:

Steve
30-12-09, 10:43 PM
If only!! Still think its the servo thats gone thats causing the lack of feel to my brakes, but thats easily sorted. Hmm I need to make a list of everything that needs to be checked/ replaced!! lol

bazil
30-12-09, 10:45 PM
If only!! Still think its the servo thats gone thats causing the lack of feel to my brakes, but thats easily sorted. Hmm I need to make a list of everything that needs to be checked/ replaced!! lol

oh aye dodgy brakes but mot'd eh? nudge nudge wink wink say no more ehlol

Steve
30-12-09, 10:52 PM
Nah they said they were a bit down but they put it down to it being sat for 3 months lol

Nobby
01-01-10, 07:36 PM
fair play matey

puss puss
01-01-10, 07:57 PM
upgrade to a gsi servo then? hehe i think there slightly bigger/better then norm

glad to hear it passed the MOT did that tenner underneath the passenger seat help? lol

Grey
01-01-10, 08:31 PM
:d NICE one!!!

John
01-01-10, 08:32 PM
Good stuff fella! How's the front end looking?

Joe Richardson
01-01-10, 08:39 PM
That's swell fella :thumb:

sr jack
01-01-10, 10:01 PM
At last Steve you've got the old girl back. We need to have a little meet some time.

*Dave*
02-01-10, 06:27 PM
sure do, we can take the combo van ay jack lol

Steve
03-01-10, 06:49 PM
Thanks all, the brakes work ok, but when you jam them on they don't pull you up like they should do. I've got new discs and pads which I wanted to put on anyway and ive got a gte master clyinder and servo so hopefully that shall sort it.

What else? lol well, theres still a clonk coming from near the wheels when you brake heavily and sometimes off de-acceleration which I still need to trace. As for the front end john.. errr.. needs work, we rushed it when the new panel went on as my mate only had one day to do the whole lot and basically the drivers side inner wing is sitting a bit low which is making the bonnet look high on that side. Oh and the bonnet doesn't line up brilliantly with the slam panel so it maybe a little bit bent somewhere underneath!!

On the plus side, it pulls really well in every gear and now ive shortened the back box (which actually took out some of the silencer) it sounds much nicer! Part of me wants to either reshell it or just drop a match in the fuel tank lol but I wouldn't reshell it unless I found another interesting colour lol