PDA

View Full Version : Lockups / small garages

puss puss
30-12-09, 09:58 PM
Good evening png help me out a bit

me and my old man wouldnt mind looking at getting a lock up / small garage in the new year or year after etc

what websites are aviable (sp) to look at had a quick goggle search and nothing has really come up am afraid. Gonna use the search button now on png see if anything pops up around there.

I live in Ipswich, Suffolk so would love something in ipswich or a village around it. Post my some sites to look at please :thumb:

peester
30-12-09, 10:00 PM
it depends on your area.. but usually not so much websites more word of mouth.

burgo
30-12-09, 10:02 PM
rightmove is where i found mine

Pistol Pete
30-12-09, 10:06 PM
Go speak nicely to local farmers? Thats what my mate did. Got a good sized barn with power for not alot PM.

AlexW
30-12-09, 11:30 PM
Same as pete. My mate did the same and iirc he pays £100 a month for a massive barn, a workshop with pit and as much electric as he wants.

bmw156
30-12-09, 11:33 PM
puss puss, as said, youll be best looking on gumtree, or in the paper for units.

and get one out of town, as in town is expensive for social use

bazil
30-12-09, 11:42 PM
most farms dont make alot of profit now so farmers rent out sheds for extra dosh on the qt, probably the best place to look.

Bubba
31-12-09, 01:17 AM
my shed is £10pm, no electric though. guy rents out all his space to caravans for £10pm...and when he has 50-60 people payin rent, and all his fields are rented out. nice monthly income. and he aint short of ££ as when someone offerent him a smooth 1million for a building and some land he said no

puss puss
31-12-09, 10:00 AM
cheers guys got the ideal farmer in mind ill have a word with him when i next see him :)

twistysnovagte
01-01-10, 01:12 PM
or just ring the local council and see what they can offer?

Matt
01-01-10, 01:23 PM
Yeah I'm sure if you contant your local council they'll be able to give a list of all vacant garages/ lockups they have in the area.

Mike
01-01-10, 01:47 PM
rightmove is where i found mine

Good call, Ive just found a cracking minature unit/store on there thats very close to me!

brucer
01-01-10, 02:29 PM
be carefull with council garages as they frown upon work on cars being done in them, as i have found out. maybe enquire that with them.

Mike
01-01-10, 03:12 PM
be carefull with council garages as they frown upon work on cars being done in them, as i have found out. maybe enquire that with them.

Aye yeah, local councils rent out garages on the basis of storage only, constant pishing about with cars in them can potentially be seen as "business use" which Id imagine would void any kind of contract of use etc

burgo
01-01-10, 03:25 PM
what your looking for is b2 usage ;)

Mike
01-01-10, 03:28 PM
what your looking for is b2 usage ;)

Guessing thats motor trade or industrial related usage then??

Thanks for the idea of Right Move Luke, founded a perfect size miniature unit on there in an ideal location (2 mins walk from a Honda dealership 5mins from a Vaux dealer, 2 min drive from a Halfords & only 5 miles from home :) even has a taxi base next door lol )

burgo
01-01-10, 03:30 PM
its all down to the protential hazards which are involved with motor vehicle work. i.e. oil and petrol.

Mike
01-01-10, 03:34 PM
its all down to the protential hazards which are involved with motor vehicle work. i.e. oil and petrol.

Ah ok, well the one ive just been & looked at says it can be used for "residentail use"? Whatever that is lol but to me that means building a car in there lol

On the park theres 23 of them in total, most are sign writen by what looks like small sole trader business (mostly PVC & carpentry) so we'll see what happens when I get in contact with them.

burgo
01-01-10, 03:39 PM
Ah ok, well the one ive just been & looked at says it can be used for "residentail use"? Whatever that is lol but to me that means building a car in there lol

On the park theres 23 of them in total, most are sign writen by what looks like small sole trader business (mostly PVC & carpentry) so we'll see what happens when I get in contact with them.

that sounds like b1 to me. just dont tell them your doing car work as they only inspect once every 18months i beleave and thats when they can be arsed.

Mike
01-01-10, 04:00 PM
Ah, whats B1 Luke, you know of top of head?? CBA to Googlerise it LOL

puss puss
01-01-10, 07:59 PM
Thanks for all the ideas guys, hopefully me and the old man will get one soon :)

burgo
01-01-10, 09:04 PM
b1 is also classed as light industrial usually