PDA

View Full Version : ???

keithrg
30-12-09, 05:15 PM
hi peops.
1st question is anyone aware of where I can purchase a remote switch that can connect between the battery and cable. Ie a remote eletronic immobilizer. To remove all power supply from the battery.

2nd what is the equipment called that I can use to test circuits for using power when nothings on.

cheers

Balley
30-12-09, 05:22 PM
Power probe, you could probably use a big relay and have a little switch some where...

bazil
30-12-09, 05:32 PM
hi peops.
1st question is anyone aware of where I can purchase a remote switch that can connect between the battery and cable. Ie a remote eletronic immobilizer. To remove all power supply from the battery.

2nd what is the equipment called that I can use to test circuits for using power when nothings on.

cheers

is it to stop the car being stolen? if so the no point, it can be easily bypassed, imobilize the coil then hide the wiring. most modern units imobilise the coil, starter,fuel pump, or ignition pack.

AlexW
30-12-09, 06:42 PM
Any decent fitter wont do it on the starter and you should never, the thives can just bump it then!

Disconnecting the battery in anyway isnt a good idea, radio loses its settings and its not exactly rocket science to connect it however.

Buy a proper alarm/imobliser and have it installed by a qualified person. Might even knock some £££ off your insurance.

Jack
30-12-09, 07:16 PM
Multimeter

And assuming you want the remote jobber as an immobilizer, as said you're better off having a proper unit installed. Unless you just want one to isolate the battery if the car is being laid up? In which case you may as well just save cash and d/c the battery

keithrg
30-12-09, 11:12 PM
TA, Its got a drain on the battery, thats discharging it. So I wanted to isolate it when not in use to prevent it going flat. Untill I suss out whats wrong. Started by disconnecting alternator when not in use see if thats the issue. Am going to fit crocadile clamp as no point in paying out £10 to get issolator avaliable. I wanted remote one for ease of use. Got to get a multi reader me thinks.