PDA

View Full Version : HOIW DO U SELL A CAR THAT UR PAYING OFF ON FINANCE???

bob
27-03-03, 08:33 PM
Alrite peeps, Im considering getting rid of the corsa, I bort the car cos I fort a newer car would have less problems than an older one, well, it does, but the problems it has are bout 4 times as expensive to sort!!! and hardly any breakers yards for bits :(
Problem is I still have the car on finance, I had fort about getting a loan to cover it, but Ive already got a loan too(from building the mighty white nova)
Has anyone tried doing this before? all I wanna do is get the hooj amount of debt that the finance is causing me,to give me freedom again, and to build a beastie nova,as everyone rnd here has bort a corsa cos I did :evil: the plan is a declan burke SR lookalike,with 1400 power with carbs

Chris LR
27-03-03, 08:46 PM
Just stick with it, way too much hassel if you ask me

ade
27-03-03, 10:36 PM
welcome to the finance trap. best thing to do is ring them and see wot they advise.

Usually you trade it in through a deal through a dealer (if finance is with them, they'll move the packaghe and increase pmts to the newer car) - alternatively if you sell private you give the majority of the sale to the finance (if you are able to) and then continue paying the rest.

I've decided it aint worth it - cheaper to buy a shed for ?300 - run it into the ground for 12 months - bin it and get another one.

hundreds of decent cars out there for under ?500 if you know where to look.

Ade

?Marty?
27-03-03, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the big wide world of debt.

Once your foot's in the door, you're never leaving.

I'd bail you out, but i want your soul in return.

Ben (lurk75)
27-03-03, 11:04 PM
dont do finance. its easier getting a loan and then buying a car with the money. Its cheaper and your not tied in to it.

Ade get a newer car, you notice the difference.

Jim
28-03-03, 09:07 AM
My girlfriend is looking to buy a new Clio on finance. Renault are currently offering o% Finance on one of there selected models. The price of the car in the showroom is the price you will end up paying after the 3 years. I always assumed we could trade in the clio after 3 years and get a new car and continue the payments on the new car, is that right? Surely this is cheaper than getting a loan through the bank like Ben said, as the bank will charge intrest on the loan.

From the sounds of it, Bob is wanting to pay off whats left on the Corsa and then sell it. Perhaps the only way of doing this is to get a loan to pay off the existing payments, sell the car, and use the money you get from selling it to pay off the loan you just took out from the bank.

Jim

Nova Modder
28-03-03, 10:24 AM
the finance is secured on the car... not on you personally...

so sell it, dont tell the mug, and live a free and happy life knowing you just ruined someone elses lol!

?Marty?
29-03-03, 01:08 AM
And if you advertise wit autotrader online, they automatically do an hpi check and display it on screen.

Nova Modder
29-03-03, 06:17 AM
sell it in bargin pages, theres bound to be some prat that dont do a hpi check... lol

whitey
29-03-03, 01:41 PM
LMAO or you can just give it back and walk away! Pay and say no more! Sometimes its actually the cheapest way!