PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Novas!

Nobby
29-12-09, 06:27 PM
Why do we all bother with them lol mines been a pain in the ass for the last 2 days 1st running ****e and 2nd dead battery! but this morning i tried again and it still wouldnt go!! Then went out with the mrs and ended up in WHsmiths and found total vauxhall mag and saw the nova dyno shoot! (well done to you all!) and got some momentum going and went straight home and cleaned my garage out and got the nova in there after a few bits of fiddling up she fired yipeeee!! turns out that because my manifold is a standard xe chopped and welded to suit the bike carbs and my silicone hoses must be **** the carbs are trying to pull them selves off the hoses and causing a air leak!! all sorted now though but need a proper manifold me thinks!! that is all :thumb:

Nova-rich
29-12-09, 06:45 PM
Garage, metal, welder... GET CRACKING! You got any pics up of your car as im building a sleeper and would like some ideas, Thanks.

Nobby
29-12-09, 07:01 PM
Garage, metal, welder... GET CRACKING! You got any pics up of your car as im building a sleeper and would like some ideas, Thanks.
thats mine mate:thumb:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133738

Plug
29-12-09, 07:06 PM
ideas at building a sleeper???? standard external with a stupidly powerful engine under the bonnet what you missing there?? lol

Glad youve sorted the problem mate. can you buy full metal inlet manifolds to suit the carbs?

I thought bike carbs all had silicone cause of there being no bolt holes? im prob wrong

Nobby
29-12-09, 07:14 PM
ideas at building a sleeper???? standard external with a stupidly powerful engine under the bonnet what you missing there?? lol

Glad youve sorted the problem mate. can you buy full metal inlet manifolds to suit the carbs?

I thought bike carbs all had silicone cause of there being no bolt holes? im prob wrong

i believe tom reid gets the manifold made mate, and i think its just a cheap hose on mine :)

Nova-rich
29-12-09, 07:14 PM

Lmao! what am i missing!? wheels and size, tyres and size, brakes, suspension... etc. Not a massive fan of writing off a standard nova with a nissan turbo in it so wanted to see what upgrades people have done to their car while keeping it looking original. this ok? think theres a bit more to it than you think!

Plug
29-12-09, 07:22 PM
pics of this nissan turbo powered nova please :)

Nova-rich
29-12-09, 07:30 PM
pics of this nissan turbo powered nova please :)

Lol, its all very hush hush will be unveiled at all major shows next year along with my two other cars! should make a big noise in the car scene! :thumb:

sulphur
29-12-09, 07:33 PM
*cough* pics or stfu *cough*

:)

Plug
29-12-09, 07:34 PM
make sure to take 100's of pics and get them up in a project thread after its been reveiled.

As for wheels 15's and 288 v6 calipers but will need a spacer. but im not sure if they would cope. 308's and 16's could be an idea

suspension coilovers but im guessing nissan engine in the front you will be space framing it so you could make up your own assembley.

Type engine you can give that away, skyline? pulsar?

Nova-rich
29-12-09, 07:42 PM
*cough* pics or stfu *cough*

:)

LMFAO!!! :d

tom reid
29-12-09, 07:45 PM
i believe tom reid gets the manifold made mate, and i think its just a cheap hose on mine :)

Your'e right he does, and has three available at never to be repeated prices, he also has the correct hose for the carbs, flourolionisedsomethingorotherlol

Nobby
29-12-09, 07:47 PM
Your'e right he does, and has three available at never to be repeated prices, he also has the correct hose for the carbs, flourolionisedsomethingorotherlol

think he needs to pm me his very best price for a carb brother :D

Nova-rich
29-12-09, 07:48 PM
make sure to take 100's of pics and get them up in a project thread after its been reveiled.

As for wheels 15's and 288 v6 calipers but will need a spacer. but im not sure if they would cope. 308's and 16's could be an idea

suspension coilovers but im guessing nissan engine in the front you will be space framing it so you could make up your own assembley.

Type engine you can give that away, skyline? pulsar?

Yep deffo coilovers, My mate moans at me for not taking pics so he does most of it i cant break off once im on a roll. yeah im keeping a bit of a log so i'll post it all up when done.

Jon_nova1
29-12-09, 08:20 PM
nissan turbo engine? that will be the pulsar

would have gone for the mazda familia myself, would have been easier!

tom reid
29-12-09, 08:20 PM
Pm'd